D&D General Goodman Games switched to Indigogo for Dungeon Alphabet 5th printing.

darjr

I crit!
twt8kdahhjaejbzg21wm.jpeg

Goodman Games have stated that they will use Indigogo going forward for reprints and smaller projects because of the constraints of Kickstarter. Is this a toe in the water to test moving away form KS or just good business?

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
View attachment 149918

Goodman Games have stated that they will use Indigogo going forward for reprints and smaller projects because of the constraints of Kickstarter. Is this a toe in the water to test moving away form KS or just good business?

Does anyone know what those constraints are?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They recently introduced rules that you could have only 3 unfulfilled Kickstarters at a time before launching another (there was something about established and non-established creators too but I don’t recall it offhand).

Plus of course you can only run one Kickstarter at a time.

guachi

Hero
I'd be happy if more companies moved away from Kickstarter. I'll follow projects I like and then just buy directly from the company after the KS ends. Just take KS out of the chain completely.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd be happy if more companies moved away from Kickstarter. I'll follow projects I like and then just buy directly from the company after the KS ends. Just take KS out of the chain completely.
Kickstarter is - bar none - the best platform in the world to market and sell your game if you’re a small to medium publisher. It’s not even close. Not using it is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. It really sucks that there are areas of the world who can’t use it.

View attachment 149918

Frog God Games do the same thing. Big books on Kickstarter, smaller modules on Indiegogo. It's in no way a move away from Kickstarter, just enables more projects on the go at once. DCC100, whenever it happens, will be on Kickstarter (I first asked about it on their forum, march 2019)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
My main objection to companies moving away from using Kickstarter is that I really, really hate having to sign up for new programs and services and websites. The fewer places I have to enter all my information, the fewer places there are that can get compromised.

It stinks that Kickstarter is pulling some seriously cretin moves again, but I'm simply not interested in chasing projects across a bunch of different platforms.

Remove ads