• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gormenghast

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
If their any chance to spot the flock or interact with the dove again i'll try it later
if not i'll try one more time to focus my mind of him.
If your guess as to its location is accurate, getting there should allow you to interact with the flock.
I'll send a "Spontanous Spell Brief" to you sometime; rather busy with real-life at the moment...

So, we can check about the carpenter like Sofia suggested.
We can also ask Annan or some Rabbi in this Jewish quarter about Father Diodat
Or we can just pay a visit to the church.
But let's keep our motives secret.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"To interview the carpenter before investigating the church assumes too much - it may not be connected at all. And as we are trying to keep our motives, and the course of our investigation, somewhat secret I suggest going to the church directly. It is a small town - Deodat's church should be easy to locate ourselves."

arscott

First Post
"still,"remarks Chen, "It might be wise to talk to this carpenter sooner rather than later. Somebody already tried to kill him once, and they might do so again."

This is my last post at the remote location where I spend christmas. Unfortunately, I'm leaving in five minutes for the even more remote location where I spend new years, which has no internet access at all. So Until Jan 3rd, Chen just tags along and lends aid where appropriate. Happy Kwanza and Awesome new Year, Everyone!

Maerdwyn

First Post
Sofia considers Chen's statement. "You make a good point." She looks to Chronius and Victor. "Why don't we do this. I will go with Boris and Sasha under the pretense of checking on the carpenter's health after his ordeal last night. No one will consider it odd that the two men who pulled him out of the fire are concerned with his well-being, whereas our entire party arriving on his doorstep may be taken for something more. Meanwhile the rest of you go to investigate the church. I will join you as soon as I have determined whether the carpenter knows anything useful. All of this after we are satisfied that we can leanr nothing more here for the time being."

Take Chen with you Sofia, me Chronius and some of the Grogs should pay a visit to the church, we'll meet near the fountain statue in the sqaure infront of the church later on.
Oh... and Sofia, if you can hand us the letter.

Victor ask two Grogs to stay in the barn and keep and eye on the chest.
Don't let anyone to enter the barn and keep the chest hidden and safe

*Happy new year*

Yair

Community Supporter
OOC: I assume you split as outlined above. Here is what Sofia et al see as they approach the carpenter's house.

The carpenter's house is half in ruins, but it is obvious some repairs have already been made. Much of the building has been torn down and is only starting to be rebuilt, leaving a gaping hole in it. Through the open space you hear loud voices, arguing. There is a small crowed around the building, circling a small cadre of the Bishop's troupes that stand at the house's doorway.
As you approach you see that the carpenter, Pyotr, talking to a large-bodied man who is clinging to a table. The man is huge, you would not be suprised if he had some giant's blood in him. Next to him stands a thin man, clearly one of the bishop's men, who is trying to drag the big man while screaming at both him and Pyotr that they "better stop this charade".

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
OOC: This is what the party heading for the Church sees. (It's easy to find - the Cathedral is basically at the center of the walled old city.)
As you enter the Cathedral, the magi feel their Gift flicker like a candle in the wind. The Dominion is strong here. Compared to Gormenghast, it seems modest and simple in architecture but with much better taste.
You are quickly approached by a black-dressed monk, who does not seem pleased at your appearance. "Services are only open to the public on Sundays" he informs you. He pauses, taking in your appearance, and hesitates. "Although exceptions can be made, of course."

OOC: I assume armed grogs stay outside the Cathedral. Either player can control them; do make up a name to any you play so we can tell them apart. This is for them.
I also assume none of the armed men appears to be a women; that will be most extraordinary and should have been brought up before.

You wait below the cathedral, finding a quiet place near it's steps. The plaza before it is a market-place, and the place is crowded and busy, but most keep some distance out of respect from the catherdral.
Out of the crowed, a man approaches you. He is dressed in flashy, colorful clothes and his face is a bit twisted (perhaps from some old injury that didn't heal fully). "Hello there, soldiers. Sorry for interrupting you but I couldn't help but notice you fine gentlemen are sitting all alone out here, which is a shame. I was wondering if you will be wanting some.... entertainment." He grins, exposing suprisingly few bad teeth.

Happy new year! Very happy. Kept me away from the internet a bit, I am afraid:eek: Sorry.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads