• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gormenghast

Victor:
We seek Father Diodat, we have come on some urgent business.
We’ll look around for a bit while you are going to call him son.

Says Vicotr with intimidating voice.

Gregory: (one of the Grogs outiside - the bald man that loves Alcohol more than anybody)
Go and work on your teeth first , He laugh louldy and take a swig from his flask.
What do you sell ?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yair said:
OOC: I assume you split as outlined above. Here is what Sofia et al see as they approach the carpenter's house.

The carpenter's house is half in ruins, but it is obvious some repairs have already been made. Much of the building has been torn down and is only starting to be rebuilt, leaving a gaping hole in it. Through the open space you hear loud voices, arguing. There is a small crowed around the building, circling a small cadre of the Bishop's troupes that stand at the house's doorway.
As you approach you see that the carpenter, Pyotr, talking to a large-bodied man who is clinging to a table. The man is huge, you would not be suprised if he had some giant's blood in him. Next to him stands a thin man, clearly one of the bishop's men, who is trying to drag the big man while screaming at both him and Pyotr that they "better stop this charade".
Sofia tries to take in the as much of the situation as possible, maybe catching a few more words that pass between Pyotr and the giant before she herself speaks. Sasha holds the bottle he brought to share with the carpenter as they talked, and Boris motions for him to cover it up with his cloak. Sofia draws herself up into as regal a bearing as possible, and asks firmly, "What is going on here. How is it that Pyotr the Carpenter draws such excitement two days in a row?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Victor:
We seek Father Diodat, we have come on some urgent business.
We’ll look around for a bit while you are going to call him son.

Says Vicotr with intimidating voice.[/COLOR]
The monk is indeed intimidated, apparently, as he immediately goes to fetch Father Deodat. After a suprisingly short time father Deodat arrives, along with two guards. He seems rather irritated. He looks at you, and says "I was told some rude men, who somehow gotten here though they shouldn't, have come to interfere with my prayers. You are aware this is a sin?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Gregory: (one of the Grogs outiside - the bald man that loves Alcohol more than anybody)
Go and work on your teeth first , He laugh louldy and take a swig from his flask.
What do you sell ?
The man loughs roudly. "I don't sell, I.... introduce. Perhaps you would be interested in a bit of friendly gambling? Or some female company? I can arrange that."

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Maerdwyn said:
Sofia tries to take in the as much of the situation as possible, maybe catching a few more words that pass between Pyotr and the giant before she herself speaks. Sasha holds the bottle he brought to share with the carpenter as they talked, and Boris motions for him to cover it up with his cloak. Sofia draws herself up into as regal a bearing as possible, and asks firmly, "What is going on here. How is it that Pyotr the Carpenter draws such excitement two days in a row?"
Unfortunately, Pyotr talks to the giant in Hebrew (or some other tongue - it's Hebrew to you). He talks to him like to a small child, trying to get him to look into his eyes and talking slowly. The other person is screaming at the giant to come with him, at Pyotr to tell him to come with him, and at them both that he's not convinced by their charade and it will take more then devilish trickery to fool him.
As you speak, he turns to you and replies "That, is exactly what I intend to find out, lady....?"

Someone

Adventurer
Yair said:
The monk is indeed intimidated, apparently, as he immediately goes to fetch Father Deodat. After a suprisingly short time father Deodat arrives, along with two guards. He seems rather irritated. He looks at you, and says "I was told some rude men, who somehow gotten here though they shouldn't, have come to interfere with my prayers. You are aware this is a sin?"

Patience, Chronius "Excuse our great need and ignorance. We apologize for the distrbance in your duties." says Chronius from behind the hood. "But you´re the only one that can help us, with very little effort. We´re looking for a man, his name is Daniil of Gork. We´ve been looking for him for a long time, and recently found out that he wanted to pray in this church. Any help would be immensely appreciated"

Yair said:
The man loughs roudly. "I don't sell, I.... introduce. Perhaps you would be interested in a bit of friendly gambling? Or some female company? I can arrange that."

Gregory looks on his companions and takes another swig , than Misha (the smart one that loves to read phylosophy books) gives a nudge to Gregory and says :
Listen fellow, we are on duty right now. maybe in the evening

Last edited:

Someone said:
Patience, Chronius "Excuse our great need and ignorance. We apologize for the distrbance in your duties." says Chronius from behind the hood. "But you´re the only one that can help us, with very little effort. We´re looking for a man, his name is Daniil of Gork. We´ve been looking for him for a long time, and recently found out that he wanted to pray in this church. Any help would be immensely appreciated"

Victor nods, his poor experience in dealing with citizens and priests told him to leave the talking to chronius. he eyes the guards and the expression on the face of the Father when chronius mentioned the name of Daniil

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yair said:
Unfortunately, Pyotr talks to the giant in Hebrew (or some other tongue - it's Hebrew to you). He talks to him like to a small child, trying to get him to look into his eyes and talking slowly. The other person is screaming at the giant to come with him, at Pyotr to tell him to come with him, and at them both that he's not convinced by their charade and it will take more then devilish trickery to fool him.
As you speak, he turns to you and replies "That, is exactly what I intend to find out, lady....?"
The four people approach the door to Pyotr's home, and move to enter. Sofia almost expects to be stopped by the Bishop's men, but she moves and carries herself calmly and confidently as if she has a perfect right to pass them. As they move past the guards, Sofia asks the man within, "What do you accuse them of, sir? I may be able to help you arrive at the truth of the matter."

arscott

First Post
While Sophia speaks to the bishops man, Chen tries to find out what's going on from one of the bystanders. He looks for somebody who would recognize him from last night, and asks him what's happening.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads