• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gormenghast

Yair

Community Supporter
Ghostknight said:
Diamon listens to the request, looking at the Jerbiton mage sceptically as they are tequested to do exactly as he has been forbidden to.

"You ask for us to go against CUSTOM. Surely you realise the difficulty this could create for us in working here in the future? Additionally, while I would like to work well with you, I find little in this request to divert me from my studies or the fact that this library seems woefully understocked in my area of speciality. If it is an issue of another magus' privacy, I find myself reluctant to go against the custom of both Gormenghast and the Order. For all we know we could end up walking into his laboratory inadvertently and placing ourselves into his power!

Currently, in this matter of going against Custom, decree and common sense, I do not see why should risk myself and my valuable time on such a quest.
Andereine shifts uncomfortably at your answer. I am sorry you feel that way. It was certainly not my intention to divert you from your important studies as I am sure that you will greatly expand Hermetic knowledge. All by yourself.
Ambrosius is my dear parens. Would you have me abandon him to his fate, simply out of respect for precedents? What I suggest is within what we may do under Custom, and under law. I am not suggesting we break into his sanctum!
But yes,
he shrugs, it may not be popular with some people and it will of course distract you from your studies.
We, no - Gormenghast stands at a crossroads. If we do not seize this moment to reforge it in our own image, to invigorate this ancient edifice with the spirit of youth, then it will become nothing but a mengerie of reclusive wizards, trapped in their stone towers, bereft of all ties to the Hermetic or outside world. But perhaps, this future suits you.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Yair said:
Andereine shifts uncomfortably at your answer. I am sorry you feel that way. It was certainly not my intention to divert you from your important studies as I am sure that you will greatly expand Hermetic knowledge. All by yourself.
Ambrosius is my dear parens. Would you have me abandon him to his fate, simply out of respect for precedents? What I suggest is within what we may do under Custom, and under law. I am not suggesting we break into his sanctum!

But what you ask is beyond mere precedence. It goes into the realm of the laws of the Order. One does not search out another magus' residence or study area willy nilly. Wizards wars have been called for less!

Yair said:
Yair said:
he shrugs, it may not be popular with some people and it will of course distract you from your studies.
We, no - Gormenghast stands at a crossroads. If we do not seize this moment to reforge it in our own image, to invigorate this ancient edifice with the spirit of youth, then it will become nothing but a mengerie of reclusive wizards, trapped in their stone towers, bereft of all ties to the Hermetic or outside world. But perhaps, this future suits you.

Hmmpp. It is fully my intention to reinvigorate this edifice. I would see it returned to far reaching glory, a monument to hermetic study, renowned within the Order. I just question how disobeying the edicts of its ruling council, the laws of the order, and hermetic custom will assist in this endeavor. We need to forge a positive reputation within the order, not one of a covenant at war within itself and at odds with hermetic custom and law!

House Jerbiton is renowned for its strong links to myundanes and to one another, perhaps more so than with any other order. I just question how this activity will help the covenant grow within the order and not just be aquest to satisfy your personal whim! If I could see HOW this would help to rejuvinate the covenant I would agree, but right now I can only see to it leading to internal and external problems - in direct opposition to your aims of increasing the profile of Gormenghast!

Perhaps it would be better to leave him to return when he would or sends for aid. In the meantime nominating another, such as yourself into his position as Rex Peregrinus to see to those important tasks?

OOC: I'm not trying to be difficult but I find it hard to find an IC reason to side with him- there is no gain personally or covenant wise.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Ghostknight said:
OOC: I'm not trying to be difficult but I find it hard to find an IC reason to side with him- there is no gain personally or covenant wise.

Heh heh, you noticed that? :p That's fine, Andereine has his own agenda, and his own style, and if you don't wish to side with him - don't.

Andereine forrows his brow. My friend, I am confused. No benefit to the covenant? Have I not explained it all? Without Ambrosius, our covenant is failing, losing touch with the outside world. There will be no replacement - all members are appointed for life, or final twilight*. Do you know that at this time, provisions must be made as to the choice of candidates for Tribunal? Yet none are forthecoming. Gormenghast will not even attend the next Tribunal!

If you fail to see the benefit to our covenant, than we are at an impasse. I am sorry for your time, by all means return to your studies.

As for the legalities of the matter,
he turns to the rest of you, I assure you traveling to Rostov and seeking out Ambrosius is not against the Code or the Order, nor the council's ruling. Of course, should you see his sanctum sigil - don't break it.
Don't kill the bishop too, while you're at it
he adds sardonically.

*If any of you makes an EF 12 (Gormenghast) Organization Lore check, let me know.
Regarding the law of the matter - see the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
OOC: He's a mage. Of course he's got his own agenda! The point is to try and gain advantage by doing favours or through direct barter :)

Diamon looks at the Jerbiton mage.

With the mage missing, surely there must be some way to have him declared either dead or dissapeared? If not the covenant, in theory, could remain without a position filled for eternity if a member should die!

And if we should have no representative at Tribunal, that indeed would be for the worse!

But I still find myself at odds with whether you reveal information for the betterment of the task, yourself or the covenant. I also find myself asking why you would ask us, newly arrived at the covenant, to take sides in a council dispute, putting us at risk when we come forward to request materials for our our own usage.

Yair

Community Supporter
Andereine smiles wrily. All is Gormenghast, and Gormenghast is all. Do not presume the position will so quickly be filled.

I sought your help for you, like me, still seek to invigorate this covenant. I have hoped to form an alliance, towards this common goal that we can only achieve together.
I have heared you speak of making this covenant a monument of Hermetic study, renowned throughout the Order. I assure you I will aid you in this, whether or not you choose to aid me now. But let me assure you of this, too - that you will not find many supporters in the Senate for this plan, and many enemies. Gormenghast is huge, yet hardly known amongst our brethern. Do not err to think it is not by design.

I invited you here so we can work together, Diamon, and I have from the start made clear that what I propose entails a cost. If you would not pay this small cost for the benefit of us all - that is your decision to make. I, for one, will support what plans you make to invigorate Gormenghast, if only I can.

We all swore to work together as one so that we could grow hale and strong. Of all of the Oath, this part is the most forgotten, yet it is the most important.

Someone

Adventurer
Chronius has been looking downwards for all the bartering, but finally he speaks again: "I´ve already decided: I´ll go in the Vis search. If I happen to find there signs of magic, I´ll investigate, as the Code requests -we can´t allow uncontrolled users of the vis in Hermetic territory, and I don´t have sure news of the presence of any wizard there."

Chronius looks directly to Andereine´s eyes.

Ghostknight

First Post
Very well, we will work together to our common goal. But by the name of Bonisagus, I swear that if you should be playing me false, sending me into something that is to the detriment of the order, covenant or our soldales, I will do my best to bring you down in the council of this covenany and in the tribunal. On the other hand, if you are speaking the truth you will find no ally more solid and committed to this cause than I!

Diamon looks at Andereine and smiles

So, perhaps you need to tell us what you know of your missing Parens, if there is anything else that may be of help in locating him

Yair

Community Supporter
Someone said:
Chronius has been looking downwards for all the bartering, but finally he speaks again: "I´ve already decided: I´ll go in the Vis search. If I happen to find there signs of magic, I´ll investigate, as the Code requests -we can´t allow uncontrolled users of the vis in Hermetic territory, and I don´t have sure news of the presence of any wizard there."

Chronius looks directly to Andereine´s eyes.
Good says Andereine, and grows somber. I truly know not if he is even in the city. But this was his last known whereabouts. He carried a considerable amount of money there, for some exhange. I expected him to remain there for a season or two. Not eight.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Ghostknight said:
Very well, we will work together to our common goal. But by the name of Bonisagus, I swear that if you should be playing me false, sending me into something that is to the detriment of the order, covenant or our soldales, I will do my best to bring you down in the council of this covenany and in the tribunal. On the other hand, if you are speaking the truth you will find no ally more solid and committed to this cause than I!

Diamon looks at Andereine and smiles

So, perhaps you need to tell us what you know of your missing Parens, if there is anything else that may be of help in locating him
Andereine eyes you wearily. With such allies, who needs enemies?
Truly, Diamon, do not feel constrained into this quest. I am quite confident in Sofia's and Chronius's capabilities. If you wish to avoid personal damage or have any reservations as to this endeavor, walk away. Indeed... as you said, there would be a price, and it may be wise to send only some of us on this journey, so that not all will be made to share it.

Last edited:

I've been in the Army for the past week they called me to train a little bit, but I'm back in one piece

Being quite most of the time, Victor stood in the corner and listned to the others, after a couple of min. I'll do it He nodded his head towerd Andereine, The thoughts about visiting the city in the first time of his life, rushed the adrenaline in his blood, but thinking of his sick mother made him sad ... Oh well, Anna will take care of her.

As for The Day before - Victor searched Tomes about animal magic to continue his researches.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads