D&D 5E Got a starter set? Post a photo of yourself with it!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And this totally isn't so the rest of us can identify you when the revolution comes. Ahem. I don't have mine yet, and won't for three weeks or so. But if you do, feel free to gloat via the medium of photography!

grimshwiz

Explorer
Just a shot with the Starter Set up here in Ontario.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 255

Falstaff

First Post
I went to my local shop today (Morning Star Games, a Wizards Play Network store) and was told by the friendly clerk that the Starter Set was not for sale until tomorrow. Man, it sure is nice to support your local game shop. I did see the box sets stacked on the counter, though.

JoeCrow

Explorer
Yeah, so here's the saga of Joe Crow and his Quest for the Starter Set. Placed a pre-order with the folks up at Myriad Games, checked in with them last week to confirm that they'd be getting the boxes in this week, and waited. Yesterday, took the bike up in the steamy pre-storm hotness for the ten mile ride to Salem, got there a little after eleven, only to be greeted with the knowledge that while the store chain had the starter sets at their central place, those sets hadn't been distributed to the individual stores, and that my princess wouldn't be at this castle until later that night. Y'know, after the storm started, and I had to go to work. [did I mention that I work 3rd shift, and had stayed up about five hours after my shift in order to get my precious? No?]

INFINITE RAGE. :mad:

[sigh] So, today I called back to find out if they had my precious, and when they said yes, I squee'd a bit and then sat down to see if it was ever gonna stop raining. As it turns out, no, it wasn't.

OK, so go hard or go home, yeah? What's a little torrential downpour between a man and his precious? Back on the bike, back on the road, back to the store to be greeted by the illustrious and meritorious Rae, holding MY PRECIOUS. At this point, I look like a drowned rat [seriously, it's like a frickin' waterfall out there], but she gives me some paper towels to wipe off my head and glasses, wraps the box in plastic, rings me up and it's home again, home again, jiggity-jig.

And here we are:

Photo on 2014-07-04 at 19.20.jpg

Remove ads