[GP] A Game of Politics

Ringmereth

First Post
"If you think this is another useless political assembly, you clearly aren't thinking enough," the wizard interjects, irritated at the two chatting over him. "It's obvious that the Prime Resident wouldn't spread more power to the lesser Houses without a benefit-namely, doing distasteful tasks for him. Based on the apparent skills of this group, our duties include action as well as words."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rino said:
"I must disapoint you. My current job is a small one at one of the smaller villages nearby, just to gain more experience in the political system here in Farnesse. But I must say politics IS a battleground, you never know what the opposition, the enemy, has comming your way. But never go armed to a meeting, it scares people."
Points at Julius's armor "Just like you are doing with the shining armor and it is not a good way to impress the lady"
"No offense intended Liem, as you can probably tell I'm more used to the battleground of warfare and not the battleground of politics"

At Liems comments regarding armaments Julius looks down at his weaponry and armour "Perhaps you have a good point" after appraising Liem for a seconds Julius begins to smile "Perhaps you could give me tips on how to be more circumspect with my armaments" looks pointedly at the Cane and Liems clothing

"Anyway I guess I could dispense with the armour, but I'll be keeping the sword, I am a Major in the Lion's teeth afterall"

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ringmereth said:
"If you think this is another useless political assembly, you clearly aren't thinking enough," the wizard interjects, irritated at the two chatting over him. "It's obvious that the Prime Resident wouldn't spread more power to the lesser Houses without a benefit-namely, doing distasteful tasks for him. Based on the apparent skills of this group, our duties include action as well as words."
Turning at the wizards sharp comments and giving him a disdainful look "If we had wanted to include you in our conversation, we would have asked you. Therefore kindly keep your opnions to yourself" turning back to Liem "Are politicains normally this rude to each other, or do I bring out the worst in people" grins at Liem.

Ringmereth

First Post
"You might kindly move your dialogue away from me, then," replies Seguith. "But if you're so disinclined to do so, I'll take my opinions elsewhere." The mage stands up, picks up his staff, and leaves the pair to their conversation. Walking around the circumference of the table, he seats himself next to the lady. "Neither of us can even take a seat without being pestered by fools, it seems," the wizard remarks. "Not a very promising commencement of this assembly, is it?"

Nephtys

First Post
Ringmereth said:
"You might kindly move your dialogue away from me, then," replies Seguith. "But if you're so disinclined to do so, I'll take my opinions elsewhere." The mage stands up, picks up his staff, and leaves the pair to their conversation. Walking around the circumference of the table, he seats himself next to the lady. "Neither of us can even take a seat without being pestered by fools, it seems," the wizard remarks. "Not a very promising commencement of this assembly, is it?"

"Doubtless they will come in handy, one way or the other." Fools make the best friends. "I suspect your prediction about our task is correct, though I doubt the assembly would place us in any greater degree of risk. Losing us would be politically unfortunate, at least as far as the government is concerned. Now, if one would want to undermine the government, on the other hand... Yes, doubtless they will cone in handy." she smiles.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Eimhin Quinn, House of Corona Austrina

Eimhin Quinn arrives at the High Towerroom, slipping in quietly and taking a seat at the table amid the current banter being talked about. Eimhin sits erect and tries to follow the flow of the conversation, politely eying each speaker.

“Ms. Siladre I think that you are very astute to what is happening here. I doubt we have been called in for treacherous reasons. However, considering the late hour, I might be led to assume this meeting is of a secretive matter. For I noticed the streets are not very crowded at this hour. And allow me to introduce myself, Eimhin Quinn, House of Corona Austrina.”

Nephtys

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
Eimhin Quinn arrives at the High Towerroom, slipping in quietly and taking a seat at the table amid the current banter being talked about. Eimhin sits erect and tries to follow the flow of the conversation, politely eying each speaker.

“Ms. Siladre I think that you are very astute to what is happening here. I doubt we have been called in for treacherous reasons. However, considering the late hour, I might be led to assume this meeting is of a secretive matter. For I noticed the streets are not very crowded at this hour. And allow me to introduce myself, Eimhin Quinn, House of Corona Austrina.”

Alessa greets him politely "The matter was secret even from me before this morning. I admit I was more than a little surprised at getting the appointment. Advancement is not usually so easy in House Serpens. But no, I doubt that the Dean wishes us any immediate harm, though I cannot say I fully trust his political intentions. Above all the Democracy must be protected, don't you agree?"

Ranger Rick

First Post
Nephtys said:
Alessa greets him politely "The matter was secret even from me before this morning. I admit I was more than a little surprised at getting the appointment. Advancement is not usually so easy in House Serpens. But no, I doubt that the Dean wishes us any immediate harm, though I cannot say I fully trust his political intentions. Above all the Democracy must be protected, don't you agree?"

With hands flat on the table, the left hand on the top of the right, Eimhin continues in a polite respectful tone, “Ms. Siladre I believe your thoughts coincide very much with my thoughts. Democracy in this land of ours is a noble endeavor and something I will always support. So to answer your question, yes I support the claim that Democracy must be protected.”

Nephtys

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
With hands flat on the table, the left hand on the top of the right, Eimhin continues in a polite respectful tone, “Ms. Siladre I believe your thoughts coincide very much with my thoughts. Democracy in this land of ours is a noble endeavor and something I will always support. So to answer your question, yes I support the claim that Democracy must be protected.”

"And yet the current order is hardly in a state of balance. No tier of society is very satisfied with the compromise that ended the revolution. I suspect we must prepare for another shift in the political paradigm. A violent backlash by conservative forces is growing increasingly likely."

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
Nephtys said:
"And yet the current order is hardly in a state of balance. No tier of society is very satisfied with the compromise that ended the revolution. I suspect we must prepare for another shift in the political paradigm. A violent backlash by conservative forces is growing increasingly likely."

"Violent backlash? By whom and by what means?"

Remove ads