[GR PR] Green Ronin to Publish a Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Enforcer

Explorer
Jim DelRosso said:
Enforcer, I think you're misreading that sample Dany chapter.

[sblock=spoilers!]It's not that one of the dragons has died; it's that one of the dragons has eaten a child.[/sblock]
Looks like you're right--but given what happens to characters in those books, I naturally assumed yet another personal loss for Dany. Regardless, it's still awful.

Razuur

First Post
I am converting my whole fantasy setting to True20 right now.

It would be Sooooooo perfect if the AGOT book(s) we True20.

And True20 is very deadly. And with the right tweaks can be even more so.

This is great news.

Razuur

Ranger REG

Explorer
Enforcer said:
Looks like you're right--but given what happens to characters in those books, I naturally assumed yet another personal loss for Dany. Regardless, it's still awful.
Because my players would have shrugged at the loss of loved ones who are NPCs. They react more strongly to their PC's death.

Maester Luwin

First Post
I agree that GoO's game is awesome! Green Ronin has a great track record though. Their work on Thieve's World & Black Company show the care & detail they have already produced with other games. Each retained the feel of/ for those books & I expect no less from ASoIF. Thanks Green Ronin for giving Westeros a second chance. Maester Luwin

Alnag

First Post
I would also prefer at least loose connection to the d20system. I don't mind some special variant though. I confirm the approach to the Thieves' World was great! So if realy believe it is in great hands.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I don't care if it is D20 one way or the other.

I want a system thet best replicates the source material.

We've actually seen "Westeros shoehorned into a D20 model" done in Dragon Magazine...it was idiotic.

Nice map though.

Remove ads