[GR PR] Green Ronin to Publish a Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Mythtify

First Post
I am glad to see that Song of Ice and Fire will be alive in the RPG world. That said, Green Ronin has it's work cut out for it. Though pretty much doa, the GOO Game of Thrones is a fantastic product with some of the highest production values I have seen in an RPG product.

I am a big fan of the series. I am sure that they will do a good job.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I loved the GoO version a lot, but Green Ronin (and Kenson in particular) are pretty much surefire bets as far as game design goes...so this goes to the top of the "Must Have" list :D

Eosin the Red

First Post
Well timed good news. I can't wait to gobble the books up. Just make them well written and true to the setting.... regardless of the system as long as it works.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Enforcer said:
Everyone. Nobody has any sort of script immunity in the novels...
Riiight. Because that's the most popular way to write a fantasy novel.

*chuckles behind your back* :]

If there were no script immunity, Daenerys should have died.

Last edited:

Krolik

First Post
Zaukrie said:
As my edit to the post stated, I don't understand the OGL and the license, but I thought my implied point that anything closely tied to anything that WotC owns is probably not safe at this time. It seems fairly clear that they are planning something, and want to own all their IP at this point.
The OGL license is irrevocable. WotC can switch to 4E, 5E, or 6E if the want to but the OGL license remains exactly as it is right now; and that license gets expanded as each new publisher adds more new ideas to it. Every publisher currently doing "d20 license" books can switch them to the "OGL license" after WotC goes to 4E and keep on publishing those books forever if they wish to.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I loved the GoO version a lot, but Green Ronin (and Kenson in particular) are pretty much surefire bets as far as game design goes...so this goes to the top of the "Must Have" list :D
What he said.

Though True20 would be just fine (if customised, perhaps) almost anything GR - and SK in particular - does to/with this, I'll like. I'm nearly 100% sure of this fact, with experience to guide me. :cool:

Enforcer

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Riiight. Because that's the most popular way to write a fantasy novel.

*chuckles behind your back* :]

If there were no script immunity, Daenerys should have died.
Who says she wont? Or that Jon Snow or Tyrion won't? Heck, [sblock=spoilers!]Martin has already killed off Eddard and Robb Stark (the Red Wedding must have been really unpopular by your standards, yet I recall A Feast for Crows reaching #1 on the NY Times), Khal Drogo, Dany's unborn son, and according to the Dany preview on Martin's site, he's killed off one of her dragons too--which Dany views as her children. Not to mention crippling Bran, undeadifying Catelyn (after killing her husband, her son, crippling another son, and scattering her daughters to the winds so she thinks they're dead too), disfiguring Jon Snow's right hand with some loss of mobility (after killing his father and his mentor), and blinding (even if it's probably temporary) Arya (after dealing her the same losses as the other Starks). For the Lannisters, Tywin is dead on the crapper, Jaime lost his hand and his sister's love/lust, Cirsei's about to be burned at the stake by the church after seeing her son die right in front of her, and Tyrion is disfigured (even more than he was) and in fear of his own life (after facing two trials that should have already ended it).[/sblock] How can you possibly argue that Martin has given anyone script immunity or would be unwilling to end other main characters' lives given the events of the first four books? Just because some have survived so far means nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Jim DelRosso

First Post
Enforcer, I think you're misreading that sample Dany chapter.

[sblock=spoilers!]It's not that one of the dragons has died; it's that one of the dragons has eaten a child.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases