D&D 5E Grand Master of Flowers: Speculation on James Wyatt's October Book

Stormonu

Legend
"There are seven huge ancient gold dragons of highest abilities and loyalty who serve as guards, companions, and advisors to Bahamut. He seldom (10%) is without them. (A sage tells of encountering Bahamut in the guise of an old hermit, with seven canaries singing sweetly as they flitted nearby. The sage relates that he would never have known that he was anything other than what he appeared to be except that a group of ogres and trolls happened by much to their sorrow. . .)"

1e MM had him accompanied by sparrows.
That quote above IS from the 1E MM and it says "seven canaries", I posted it earlier. Are YOU having a Mandela moment?

That's some good guessing

It is an odd name for Bahaumat's card. I too tended to picture him more like an old wizard and less like monk
This could be a way to differentiate him from Paladine and Fizbin
It could very easily be a tease for how Bahaumat is being potrayed in whatever DRAGONOMICON take 3 is titled. I hope so

They may be going back to old modules for inspiration. Or they could just be making up new lore
Like how Silgar the goldfish became such a key part of Xanathar but was invented for GUIDE TO MONSTERS

Parmandur

Book-Friend

It is an odd name for Bahaumat's card. I too tended to picture him more like an old wizard and less like monk
It could very easily be a tease for how Bahaumat is being potrayed in whatever DRAGONOMICON take 3 is titled. I hope so

They may be going back to old modules for inspiration. Or they could just be making up new lore
Like how Silgar the goldfish became such a key part of Xanathar but was invented for GUIDE TO MONSTERS
Bit of both, I suppose, that's been their MO for most of thebpast 7 years: take some obscure details from older products and spin a bunch og new stuff off of that. The plot.of Tyranny of Dragons is built around an old plot hook from a Greenwood product, for instance, or the entirety of Curse of Strahd or Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics

maybe we get dragon monks?

dave2008

Legend
"There are seven huge ancient gold dragons of highest abilities and loyalty who serve as guards, companions, and advisors to Bahamut. He seldom (10%) is without them. (A sage tells of encountering Bahamut in the guise of an old hermit, with seven canaries singing sweetly as they flitted nearby. The sage relates that he would never have known that he was anything other than what he appeared to be except that a group of ogres and trolls happened by much to their sorrow. . .)"

1e MM had him accompanied by sparrows.
Here is the 1e MM:
1626191795383.png

If the print is to small, it says canaries:
1626191850185.png

Last edited:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
maybe we get dragon monks?
They were tested in UA

Way of the Ascendant Dragon
Monks who follow the Way of the Ascendant Dragon revere the power and grandeur of dragons. They alter their own ki to resonate with draconic might, channeling it to augment their prowess in battle, soar through the air, and to bolster their allies.
As a follower of this Monastic Tradition, you decide how you unlocked the power of dragons through your ki. The Ascendant Dragon Origin table offers some possibilities.

Remove ads