D&D 5E Grand Master of Flowers: Speculation on James Wyatt's October Book

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Yeah, both of those books already had beefy lore development sections, and spe done a few pages on a couple Subclasses is a pretty small.addition. Having a few Subclasses might have been good for Mordenkainen's: Infernal, Abyssal & Fey Sorcerers spring to mind immediately, but Fiends offered a lot of possibilities.
I was surprised that Mord's didn't have Warlock expansion

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Just as a point of comparison, here is the Table of Contents for the 3.5 Draconomicon, per the DMsGuild. I expect much more fleshing out of the individual Typea of Dragons, since.the 5E Monster Manual already has this level of content per type, but some possible the Bestiary here:
Screenshot_20210711-134620_OneDrive.jpg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Huh. Yeah, that's some pretty obscure connections, but seems like it's probably correct... I bet Wyatt must have run that module to be that familiar with it.

If the October book truly is a Dragon book (and I think the consensus is that it probably is) then it would make sense for this to be explained a bit more there.

I am curious what the format of the book will be, as it seems like it will combine monsters, subclasses, races and lore into one book but also not be a new setting. Unless it really is Dragonlance, but I doubt that.
this could be interesting as any monk lore would help and you're likely correct in structure.

I believe Mr. R. A. Salvatore likely has something to do with all this.

The key sources for information about the Monastery of the Yellow Rose other than the original Bloodstone adventure trilogy are 2e's The Bloodstone Lands—to date, still the only D&D game supplement with Salvatore credited as the sole author—and the early-5e-era Drizzt story arc Companions Codex, some of which takes place at the monastery. Drizzt
took his monk level dips there, training with the most recent (so far as I know, as of 1484 DR) Grand Master of Flowers, named Kane, who was one of the pregens in the original Bloodstone adventure trilogy. Prior to becoming Grand Master of Flowers, Kane also appeared in Salvatore's Sellswords trilogy about Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle.
Given all that, I think it's likely this new MTG card is our first glimpse of a plot event / revelation due in an upcoming Salvatore book.

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
Interesting... I didn't realize that Bahamut had a human alter ego in the Forgotten Realms as well. I remember the Bahamut equivalent in Dragonlance, Paladine, having a "bumbling idiot" sort of alter ego, Fizban the Fabulous, in the Dragonlance books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Interesting... I didn't realize that Bahamut had a human alter ego in the Forgotten Realms as well. I remember the Bahamut equivalent in Dragonlance, Paladine, having a "bumbling idiot" sort of alter ego, Fizban the Fabulous, in the Dragonlance books.
Well, his wandering persona is mentioned in thenPHB, MM, and DMG, I believe.

Remove ads