• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Graverended Grimoire (House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen V)

Seonaid

Explorer
*Narcelia sits in her audience chamber, silently brooding. She had dismissed her informant after dragging out of all the information she could. After a moment of thought, she orders one of her elite to have the agent killed subtly. No need to alert anyone of the import of her news by having him killed too close to the House or too soon after his visit. She then motions to another lackey.*

"Bring me Zschla," she orders, using the code name of another informant. I will get more from him, I am sure, she thinks to herself.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue/Forbidden Warrior)*Kilcif lightly brushe

*Kilcif lightly brushes the pure dark raven black hair of the sleeping maiden that’s curled up next him, Kilcif himself hadn’t fallen sleep, he rarely did, but the same couldn’t be said for Zaphael as she was always exhausted, physical and mentally, after they mated. At first Kilcif had thought that his mating was to harsh and heavy handed but even when he softened his approach, like this time, she still had the same issues with Kilcif had grudgingly learned to except alongside the softer form of mating.*

As the deep brown beauty stirs he address her harshly, “Up slave, I desire to see Matron Narcelia and you keep me from such desires.”

*Zaphael moves quickly, even though she realize that her master isn’t as mad like Kilcif pretends to be, having long since grown accustomed to being ready to travel swiftly and without warning. As she dresses in a small fortune of previous metals and jewelry Kilcif eyes her lustfully once again as he locks the chain that tethers them together around his slave’s slender waist and his massive wrist before he turns to leave.*

*As Kilcif travels quickly threw the corridors Zaphael scampers to keep up while her dark eyes constantly watching the slack in the chain. She’s had learned the hard way that if the chain ever goes taut that her master will severely punish her.*

*To Kilcif it was just another game, one he played both with her and the drow. With her it was a simple reminded of who was the master and with the drow it was a way of showing that she was simple slave and not a threat to them.*

Nearly upon the audience chamber Kilcif allowed Zaphael’s presence into his mind with a stern warning, Keep me informed and no punishing those that speak lowly of me, at least for now.

Arriving at the audience chamber doors Kilcif’s voice booms as he snarls at the guard, “Inform Matron Narcelia that the Chosen of Hruggek is her to speak with her, now.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Torellan, in your lair two pale-skinned, white-winged, angelic-looking creatures slide out of the shadows and to your side. Identical to a fault, aside from a choice birthmark, Valisa and Vashila fold their wings around you, enclosing you in soft feathers.*

"What did you bring us Master? What news? What prey? What plots?" they ask, trading off their sentences and words, their voices like chimes.

~~~

*Narcelia, before your next informant can come in, your majordomo kneels beside you to whisper an important message.*

"Kilcif is here, demanding an audience," he says softly.

~~~

*Eol, your embrace with Jynessa is cut short by the entrance of Matron Tierak and her strange minion.*

~~~

*Teliek, the rites and such are rather vague, as this kind of thing is blasphemus at the very least. People could be killed just for reading about these rites. Several things become clear, however. One must have a pure and untainted desire for the power of the god. It does not matter if the power is going to go for good or for ill, but the desire must be there. One does not become a god by accident. To increase your chances of being able to handle the power, you can have other people attempt to channel the power to you, simply by willing you to accept it. It is a form of worship, and it is how the first gods were made. The worshippers' will doesn't have to be as pure, but it must be willing. And the stronger the worshipper, the more likely godhood will be achieved.*

*The trappings of elaborate circles in fire, blood, quicksilver, salt, and water are meant to help control the power and channel it evenly into the potential new god, but they are tedious to set up, and must be done at the site of the dead god. As creation can take days, this is not always possible.*

*The slightest hesitation in desire for the power will cause it to consume the weilder, erasing his soul from the ken of the multiverse for all time.*

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Sorry, it seemed to unsubscribe me, ENWorld, that is...assuming I answered the door.

Modesty not one of his strong points, Eol answered the door in naught but a bedsheet,thoug he dons his hat prior, changing to the face worn for most with whom he dealt.
At the discovery of who was at his door, Eol grandly swept his hand inwards, smiling whimsically, even as the last bit of life ebbed from the slain guest.
Forgive me, my Matron, we were entertaining a guest.I had not expected a visit, else I would have prepared something for you.
Letting that hang just a second longer than was really necessary, Eol continued'Wine perhaps, or tea? For your...no, he doesn;t really take tea, now does he.'
Moving back to the bed, Eol barely noticed as Jynessa went about dutifully seeing to tea, a clear affront to the Drow way, her serving, while he sat and waited to be served. Things were very different in Lord Graz'zt's Court, however. The Demon lord was a chauvanist unparralelled in the Planes, and Jynessa seemed to enjoy the game, as she had in her youth.
Taking the offered wine with a slight nod of thanks, Eol turned once more to the Matron 'Now,Lady...what brings you to see me at such an hour, may I ask?All is well in the Realm, I trust?'

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tierak Morcane, Drow Arachne/Thaumaturge

"I had thought better of you, Eol. You have not heard yet? Something goes terribly awry in the Abyss. There is a deity dying, Eol, and if House Morcane is to survive, we must do something about it. We must also see to it that no others do something about it before we can. Tell me, Eol, have you ever visited the Demonweb Pits?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Paxus Asclepius said:
"I had thought better of you, Eol. You have not heard yet? Something goes terribly awry in the Abyss. There is a deity dying, Eol, and if House Morcane is to survive, we must do something about it. We must also see to it that no others do something about it before we can. Tell me, Eol, have you ever visited the Demonweb Pits?"

Sipping his wine, Eol ignored the slight insult. After all, there was no reason to share all that he knew at such an early time in this new unfolding dilemna.
'Alas, Good Lady, I have never set foot in the Pits.
I was raised away from the nurturing hand of the Spider Goddess.Neither did I take the Tests of worthiness, for my allegiance lay elsewhere at the point where young Drow are tested. Still,I would see what there is to see in this matter, as well as do what I may to futher House Morcane along it's path in the Great Web of Fate. Shall we see what those of a more Arcane bent have found out,Lady?'

Eol stands and begins hastily dressing, as well as strapping on the harness of blades and pouches that made up his work tools.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tierak Morcane, Drow Arachne/Thaumaturge

"Have you arcanists under your employ? I would not wish to involve outsiders in this unless you have a hold on them that is strong indeed."

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Arrgh. As of Monday I should be returning to a normal posting schedule, we're finally releasing...

After spending a few moments pondering her dream, Carcelon sits before the shrine in her bedroom and spends some time in prayer, preparing her spells for the day.

Serpenteye

First Post
Teliek leans back from the desk, rubbing his temples gently. That he would need allies to reach and kill Lolth was had been an obvious certainty all along, but that he would have to arrange for people to actively will him to ascend to godhood was another, more troubling, matter. A group held together by common need and greed could not be held together when it was time to claim the spoils, but dead allies would be of no use at all. There was a possibility, off course, but those people were mostly weak of strength and essence, and may be insufficient for the task. People would have to be recruited in advance, arrangements would have to be prepared so that they could be triggered at a moment's notice... He groans, and rubs his head again.

Finally he stands, briefly considers destroying or stealing the books but deems it too risky. Instead he 'misplaces' the tomes under a pile of dusty old books in a corner in a little-used part of the library. (ooc: He is Invisible and Mind Blanked.) Reasonably confident that the books won't be found and read in the crucial next few days he leaves the library and returns home to Sembia where he purchases the components for the ritual in the temple shop.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
*Torellan smiles at his two spawn, his loyal slaves*
"Great news, my sweeties, great news. One of the deities is dying, and there is going to be power to be seized. I have already beckoned Quertus for assistance in gathering more information, but I'm sure that the two of you can come up with more useful things than he can. So go, my pets, and bring me all the information that can be found about this most interesting happenstance."

Remove ads