• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Graz'zt Petition

Henry

Autoexreginated
"My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. When the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before it was done.
The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one tenth his promised price, my father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father. So naturally, I challenged his murderer to a duel. I failed. The six-fingered man left me alive, but he gave me these.
I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail."

I do think the art has kind of blurred the line between depictions of Asmodeus and Graz'zt over the years. It seems they are favoring a more bestial raw attraction look for Graz'zt to blend in with the other demons. I like to see a more varied look to Graz'zt. It is not like you can change up Demogorgon too much, he will always look like Demogorgon. Orcus too. Graz'zt is the most accessible Demon Lord, but he is still a demon.
I think if the Six-fingered man had been Graz’zt instead of Count Rugen, it would have been a very different movie. 😁

Remove ads