Greatest Campaign Adventures for Sci-fi - looking for suggestions

pogre

Legend
I think of certain campaign adventures as so great it is worth learning the system just to play and experience them - examples for me include:
The Enemy Within for WFRP
Masks of Nyarlathotep for Call of Cthulhu
The Great Pendragon Campaign

Is there a great adventure campaign in the sci-fi genre?

I just wrapped up my WFRP campaign and am looking to explore a new system. Some of my players have expressed an interest in sci-fi. My other campaign is a 100% homebrewed 5e D&D game - thus, I'm looking for a system with really solid adventure support. My priority is great adventures first and rules second.

If you have a suggestion for a campaign that is not sci-fi that you consider a great - please mention that too.

payn

Hero
I am a big fan of Traveller. Here are a couple of campaign adventures that I recommend.

The first is The Pirates of Drinax. This sandbox kit comes with a ton of setting material for the Traveller Third Imperium setting. Specifically the Trojan Reach sectors. The PCs are given a ship and tasked with restoring the might and influence of Drinax, a fallen empire of the Trojan Reach. As a sandbox, the material covers numerous adventures both large and small. How the PCs achieve their goals is up to them. This campaign gives the feel of Firefly, Babylon 5, and other space empire stories.

The Second is Secret of the Ancients. This adventure is more linear and has a focused plot. The PCs start out as just the average band of Travellers, but are quickly thrown into an adventure that reveals answers about the Ancients sought for generations. This campaign is for players interested in exploring lost empires and uncovering dangerous secrets. This campaign gives the feel of Star Trek, The Expanse, and other Sci-Fi stories about exploring lost and powerful ancient beings.

pogre

Legend
I am a big fan of Traveller. Here are a couple of campaign adventures that I recommend.

The first is The Pirates of Drinax. This sandbox kit comes with a ton of setting material for the Traveller Third Imperium setting. Specifically the Trojan Reach sectors. The PCs are given a ship and tasked with restoring the might and influence of Drinax, a fallen empire of the Trojan Reach. As a sandbox, the material covers numerous adventures both large and small. How the PCs achieve their goals is up to them. This campaign gives the feel of Firefly, Babylon 5, and other space empire stories.
Thanks for the suggestions! The Pirates of Drinax stuff was available as a Bundle of Holding as were the rules -so I bought the whole thing. Looking forward to reading it. Have not played Traveller since the 1980s!

payn

Hero
Thanks for the suggestions! The Pirates of Drinax stuff was available as a Bundle of Holding as were the rules -so I bought the whole thing. Looking forward to reading it. Have not played Traveller since the 1980s!
Im about 6 months into my PoD campaign. Feel free to talk shop anytime! I found the Drinaxian Companion to be an excellent supplement for more bite size adventures.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4