D&D 5E Greg Tito Gives First Look at Eberron: Rising from the Last War

WotC's Greg Tito in this week's D&D News had some information to drop on the upcoming book, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, including a wallpaper background for his show, and a first look at the back of the special edition cover.

WotC's Greg Tito in this week's D&D News had some information to drop on the upcoming book, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, including a wallpaper background for his show, and a first look at the back of the special edition cover.
  • The artificer in this book has 3 subclasses (unnamed): WotC's Jeremy Crawford had said previously that the alchemist was the low scorer of the last batch, so that might not have made the cut.
  • Group patrons excite Greg Tito, a traditional quest giver who adopts the adventuring party is the background, but now with weighty mechanics: used the example of being a team working for a University.
  • Eberron creator Keith Baker contributed a lot to this book, Jeremy Crawford was the lead, James Wyatt also worked on the book, as did a number of freelancers.
  • There is a chapter that is a Gazeeter of Sharn.
Screenshot_20190821-165339.png

Jeremy Crawford added some more detail -- "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" has nearly a hundred pages on building adventures in Khorvaire, the continent scarred by the Last War. That chapter includes a 1st-level adventure in the towering city of Sharn."

Screenshot_20190821-165334.png

Screenshot_20190821-165255.png
Screenshot_20190821-165248.png
Screenshot_20190821-165236.png
Screenshot_20190821-165221.png

@Morrus[/prbreak]

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wish this was the only cover - it looks great.

EDIT: Just saw the other thread about the other being a placeholder. While relieved, I still really like this cover, but I'm not a fan of the "special edition" marketing model. Curious to see what the regular cover will look like.

Yeah, this is the first alternate cover to make me sit up and take notice. I'm waiting to see what the regular cover is like, but I am tempted to take advantage of my FLGS preorder discount for the special cover.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Buying Wayfinders Guide was such a mistake. Honestly.

Well, depends on what you wanted out of it;: they made it pretty clear that this was the plan, and them executed it. Anybody who plays a lot of Eberron got a whole year of use of the material, that can add up. Also, we don't know how much is reprinted: D&D Beyond has confirmed that it is not going to reprint the whole book.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Buying Wayfinders Guide was such a mistake. Honestly.
I feel that I got my money's worth just from a year's early access.

Even if it was 100% duplication, which I am sure it will not be.

In fact, if the sales of Wayfinders was what proved interest in Eberron , then it was money well spent.*

*in this situation, with the current factors, not all deals work out so well.

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
Hey that warforged's sword looks like the one the warforged from the placeholder cover has. I've never been too focussed on eberron's weapons, but I don't recall seeing that tip-less sword design before...

Hey that warforged's sword looks like the one the warforged from the placeholder cover has. I've never been too focussed on eberron's weapons, but I don't recall seeing that tip-less sword design before...
I assumed the tip just got chopped off when they photoshopped this warforged atop the elf girl’s face.

Remove ads

Remove ads