• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greg Tito Is UHURA!

Former Escapist editor-in-chief Greg Tito is now WotC's new Communications Manager according to D&D Brand Manager Nathan Stewart -- "Please welcome Greg Tito newest member of the D&D team. Greg joins our team as Communications Manager and official bag of holding holder." Greg was laid off from The Escapist a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned his recent layoff, whihc also involved others: "Due to budget cuts at Defy Media, the parent company of The Escapist, Game Front, and GameTrailers, a large number of my colleagues have also been let go. This news sucks for everyone, including those left behind to run these publications. My thoughts are with all of you and I hope you bounce back with a new gig soon."

Former Escapist editor-in-chief Greg Tito is now WotC's new Communications Manager according to D&D Brand Manager Nathan Stewart -- "Please welcome Greg Tito newest member of the D&D team. Greg joins our team as Communications Manager and official bag of holding holder." Greg was laid off from The Escapist a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned his recent layoff, whihc also involved others: "Due to budget cuts at Defy Media, the parent company of The Escapist, Game Front, and GameTrailers, a large number of my colleagues have also been let go. This news sucks for everyone, including those left behind to run these publications. My thoughts are with all of you and I hope you bounce back with a new gig soon."

The Escapist is an excellent site. Greg Tito helped make it that. And the Adventurer, Conqueror, King system is very good indeed. Pretty much all that needs to be known about his qualifications. I'd like to congratulate him on his new job myself.

Absolutely, this here. I'm actually very sorry to see what's going on at The Escapist, they've lost so many people over there that made the site worth a damn, but it's good that he's working for WotC now.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is Uhura:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424878860.978307.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424878860.978307.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424878860.978307.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 527

Yeah didn't they lay off two people, and then hire two people? I think this puts us right back to the same number of employees working on D&D as we had prior to the layoffs.

Yup, except there are less people working on the RPG. It is not good news for the fans of the RPG. Those loyal to the band can rejoyce. Not me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Guys, he doesn't even start the job for a few weeks. Let's not judge his performance quite yet, eh?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yup, except there are less people working on the RPG. It is not good news for the fans of the RPG. Those loyal to the band can rejoyce. Not me.

I think that's some spin there. You don't have to be "loyal to the brand" to want a licensing and communication person working there. The licensing person can help create licences for third parties to make more RPG material, and the communications person is there to let us know what's going on at WOTC and coming down the pipeline, something the RPG fans have been demanding for a long time now. Both seem good for the RPG from my perspective.

mlund

First Post
Yup, except there are less people working on the RPG. It is not good news for the fans of the RPG.

I disagree. Removing two editorial staff after the initial Big 3 and adding two brand management staff seems very promising to me. I think a model of continuous 1st Party Publisher splat-churn is terrible for the RPG, while I think external licensing of the RPG system is the most urgent issue at hand now that the PHB, DMG, and MM are on the street. I want to see optional 2nd Party supplemental material like Adventure Paths / Modules coming from all corners.

Marty Lund

Gecko85

Explorer
I think that's some spin there. You don't have to be "loyal to the brand" to want a licensing and communication person working there. The licensing person can help create licences for third parties to make more RPG material, and the communications person is there to let us know what's going on at WOTC and coming down the pipeline, something the RPG fans have been demanding for a long time now. Both seem good for the RPG from my perspective.

You seem to be forgetting the unwritten rule that nothing WotC does is acceptable.

* Fired 2 people: DOOMED
* Hired 2 people: DOOMED
* Released 3 core books that have remained top sellers on Amazon since their release: DOOMED
* "Only" released 1 official sandbox adventure, 2 adventure paths, and 5 play-test adventures in the first half-year+ of a new edition: DOOMED
* Released beta material for a non-Realms setting conversion (Eberron), asking for feedback: DOOMED
* Not communicating enough: DOOMED
* Hired a communications director: DOOMED

</ sarcasm>

PowerWordDumb

First Post
Guys, he doesn't even start the job for a few weeks. Let's not judge his performance quite yet, eh?

His performance isn't in discussion (except insofar as his track record demonstrates his ability to offend and drive away the people he's meant to court), only his character and ethics are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads