D&D General GREYHAWK FANS-The Battle of Emridy Meadows

JeffB

Legend
Pure awesome- Chainmail-Battle of Emridy Meadows

A sample-Tons of awesome pics at the link above

DSC09134.JPG

I loved looking at the photos; must have been a blast. I'm putting together my own set of armies, and hope to have a similar event myself. A Braunstein of my own is a dream.

Hey, since you played maybe you can answer a question for me. On movement, there's a note that you can spend movement to move obliquely, quarter turn, or reverse turn. How did you define "oblique"? We have been calling it either a 45 degree turn or a base width lateral slide.

JeffB

Legend
I loved looking at the photos; must have been a blast. I'm putting together my own set of armies, and hope to have a similar event myself. A Braunstein of my own is a dream.

Hey, since you played maybe you can answer a question for me. On movement, there's a note that you can spend movement to move obliquely, quarter turn, or reverse turn. How did you define "oblique"? We have been calling it either a 45 degree turn or a base width lateral slide.

Sorry, I was not participant- I just linked to the page. I'm not a minis wargamer.

That said...

Tim Kask indicated the very first time he ever talked to Gary it was a rules question that came up in Tim's Chainmail game. Tim called Gary long distance late on a Saturday evening after getting the Gygax phone # from the local operator- Tim explained the issue and the first thing Gary said to him was "how did you rule on it?" Tim explained his ruling, and Gary told him he wouldn't have come up with anything better. So I'm going to say in the spirt of the game(s) both Chainmail and OD&D- If the ruling you made works for you and your group, you have the right of it :)

I think I recognize some of those minis.... if I'm not mistaken, there are some really old Heritage gnomes and hill giant, some RP gnollls.... some of the men at arms with kite shields look familiar, but I'm not placing who made them...

grodog

Hero
I think I recognize some of those minis.... if I'm not mistaken, there are some really old Heritage gnomes and hill giant, some RP gnollls.... some of the men at arms with kite shields look familiar, but I'm not placing who made them...

Indeed!---Keith's taste in minis definitely leans in the direction of Heritage, Minifigs, Grenadier, RP, et al.

If you pay attention to the shield heraldry and banners, you'll recognize many from the Greyhawk folio and boxed set! :D

Allan.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases