D&D 5E Greyhawk is the official setting for Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Doesn't the FR location make Saltmarsh = Highcliff? Or is Highcliff only in Neverwinter Nights 2? Curiously, in NWN2 Highcliff is being troubled by lizardfolk.

Also, that would make the Saltmarsh map upside down, with north at the bottom.

Last edited:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
What about Dark Sun?! Why can't I play this in Dark...

Oh! Guess that actually won't work without great bodies of water or ships. Hang on...

Spelljammer! Why can't I play this with Spelljammer?!

Ash Mantle

Adventurer

Oh! Guess that actually won't work without great bodies of water or ships. Hang on...

Sure you can! Just replace any reference to sea or water with desert or sand :D ie, Isle of the Abbey. With hostility toward the Desert Princess running high, Eliander sponsors an expedition to clear Abbey Dune and establish a base there. Its location makes it an ideal lookout point for any desert-based threats.

On a more applicable matter though, I recall a someone's re-imagined map of our world where all of the world's oceans and seas suffered from desertification, turning all the countries in the world into a great landlocked mass, it was glorious.

Spelljammer! Why can't I play this with Spelljammer?!

Sure you can! Just replace any reference to water with space :D
Smuggler. Tool Proficiencies: Vehicles (space).

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Sure you can! <snip>

7f2.jpg

Remathilis

Legend
You all are so enamoured with your GH vs FR measuring contest that you ignore that fact this has a MYSTARA placement section!

New setting book in 2020. I'm calling it.

There's the Silt Sea which is partially navigable with silt skimmers, which usually look like massive ship/wagon hybrids that work well in the shallows, or else silt ships that are levitated telekinetically via psionics. You just have to beware of all the giants. If you want a marsh there's the Salt Meres of Bodach. It's Athasian silt rather than water, but it's the same result.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases