D&D General Greyhawk setting material

Who owns the rights of Dangerous Journeys and Legendary Adventures? They could be used as GH "spin-off" throught planegates.

I miss information about any oriental civilitation in GH.

The twin worlds could be used as spin-off, the origin of new races and classes (psionic, incarnum, vestige pacts or martial adepts) because the arcane and divine magic don't work in the same way. Our earth would be the home of "d20 version" of some Hasbro franchises.

Not sure about Dangerous Journeys, but Gail Gygax pulled the licenses for Legendary Adventure from Troll Lord Games & Hekaforge. So, it sits with her and the Gygax Foundation, gathering dust. Along with everything else.

1566572170344.png

Who owns the rights of Dangerous Journeys and Legendary Adventures? They could be used as GH "spin-off" throught planegates.

The Scarlet Botherhood is intriguing. Would the supplement book be worth getting? The box set only has a paragraph about them unless I've missed more. I've only had the pdf for a couple days so its possible.
I liked it mainly because it detailed the previously little covered Hepmonaland and Amedio jungle. I just ignored all the stuff about the SB taking over everything...

I wonder about SB and their transgenic magic trying to create the ultimate Suloise race, with elf blood for a higher longevity. And they have got a lot of "ballots in the raffle" to be responsible of something like the planet of the apes.

I wonder about the creation of a new transition setting, like Spelljammer, Ravenloft or Planescape, about Chronomancers, time spheres like they hollow world from Mystara and the Akashic demiplane, a "theme park" created by the collective memory... (not how it really happened, but how it is remmered). Some regions would be "uchronic" version of D&D worlds....or other WotC franchises, for example space fantasy version of d20 Future or Gamma World. The thread would be about the conflict between the changes and keeping the past (do we want new things, or don't we a "jump the shark"?).

* Should we allow a "retcon" of GH geography?

* Does D&D multiverse need an event like the last secret wars by marvel, or infinite crysis by DC? If this happens... how should be the plot to be really epic?

* If the 5th Ed version of Oriental Adventures is published, we are going to need a good reason to add these things to GH. I have readen the settin "Dragon Fist" was sold to Green Ronin.

* I guess the future D&D settin will be the RPG version of the Throne of the Eldraine, the coming-soon event of Magic: the Gathering. Why not if the lore is good?

Yeah, some stuff was brilliant, some stuff was…not so much. Poor unlamented Cyborg Commando.

But back to Greyhawk. Somehow I never used the Scarlet Brotherhood in an adventure. Shame, really. The big bad of my last Greyhawk campaign ended up being the cult of Wastri. That was a hoot.

That said, and as much as it pains me to say this, I almost think that the tantalizing hint of what could be is far greater than what is. Post-1983 Gygax was, at best, hit or miss.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
But back to Greyhawk. Somehow I never used the Scarlet Brotherhood in an adventure. Shame, really. The big bad of my last Greyhawk campaign ended up being the cult of Wastri. That was a hoot.

Wastri is such an odd deity - A god of amphibians that believes humans are the superior race -but since he's also the god of self deception his followers juggle that belief.

I can certainly see how interacting with a cult of his would be a hoot for the players (though also deceptively difficult, as their motivations are likely really murky).

grodog

Hero
Dragon Magazine Annual #1 featured a map of the rest of western Oerik and a very high-level description of each nation

Coincidentally, Joe Bloch just wrote another pieces on Western Oerik and the Dragon Annual #1 map, at Western Oerik and “that map” – Greyhawk Grognard and he has an older post from 2012 about rationalizing all of these maps into one at Gonduria, Aquaria, and Oerth’s Four Continents – Greyhawk Grognard

Wastri is such an odd deity - A god of amphibians that believes humans are the superior race -but since he's also the god of self deception his followers juggle that belief.

If you're a fan of Wastri, a piece I wrote on Canonfire! may be of interest, about a Wastrian artifact/relic: Canonfire! - Postfest III: Marisuda and The Cloak of Frogs

Allan.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases