log in or register to remove this ad

 

GREYHAWK: The Golden Era CY963: A1-P1-S2 [RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD]

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Upon Father Xavier placing the ring in the black box, I state, "If you smell the presence of the Demonic, then it is time we give you all of our story on this situation from when we began. As we were on our way here with Maxwell to find Vale, we saw two red Fiendish Orcs. They were wearing Pomarj insignia and riding manticore. We took cover and setup a plan to defeat them, fearing they were an advance scouting party for an attack on the area."

"After we defeated them and requisitioned the meat of the deer they had pounced upon, a false magically disguised Sheriff Denby Fairweather greeted us. He revealed himself as a half-orc named Vaelik the Deathblade when he attacked us. This caused us no small amount of concern to learn that a spy for the Pomarj was masquerading as local law enforcement."

"After getting a night's rest we decided to investigate further today. That's when we saw the real Denby and his altercation with Edward and Paulek. From what Father Clarence divined, it seems we were just in the nick of time. According to Sylvar, Paulek was certainly feeling no small measure of aggression toward Denby at that moment."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Reacts...

~ Blast the luck; I warned the bloke! ~

Vale is visibly distraught and angry. He warned Father Clarence to no avail.

~ The young wildling elven wizard is a quick thinker. Good. He'll need to keep being that way with this kind of magic in play. ~

As Father Xavier and Respen are dealing with the ring, Vale speaks to Dewydd & Sylvar, quietly, so neither the priests in the temple nor Edward overhears: "We need to get into that cell and question the green rider, and we need to deal with the other matter, and we need to do both quickly."

Vale refers to questioning the corpses acquired in the previous evenings engagement by Respen, Sylvar, Dewydd, Lathir, Karth, Maxwell, and Vega. However, he will not mention it out loud given the ring, realizing nearly at the same time Respen did the significance of scrying; the less information out loud at the moment, the better.

After the ring is boxed, he addresses Father Xavier, "What needs to happen to undo the curse on Mr. Denby? We need to proceed immediately with it."

He then speaks to Denby, Edward, and Harold, "Edward, Harold, if you haven't come to the conclusion yet yourself, we believe that this is Sheriff Denby. If St. Cuthbert's resources are sufficient to resolve this, we should be clear on that truth in good order. In the meantime, Mr. Denby, you will likely need to become comfortable with standing relieved of direct command for the time being. Who or whatever caused this appears to have handlers doing the dirty work. When we are done with Greenie, we need to make sure he is properly sequestered. Then you need to resume your charge to protect this town. To whatever degree you require of me, I am at your disposal. Caltaran has taken care of me for nearly two months; I am honored to return the goodwill. "

And again to Father Xavier: "If you can dispel the effects of this item, be about it. If not, can you administer a truth test that is ironclad and without magical or natural clever manipulation? Caltaran, and you by extension, needs its guard, and it would be more able with its normal commander."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Denby Is Proven To Be Denby

Dewydd said:
Upon Father Xavier placing the ring in the black box, I state, "If you smell the presence of the Demonic, then it is time we give you all of our story on this situation from when we began. As we were on our way here with Maxwell to find Vale, we saw two red Fiendish Orcs. They were wearing Pomarj insignia and riding Manticores. We took cover and setup a plan to defeat them, fearing they were an advance scouting party for an attack on the area."

Father Xavier says: "Yes, the Pomarj Orcs are known consorts of the Demonic; when Iuz used gated Demonic forces to bolster his own army during the initial outbreak of the Great War of The Flanaess, some 61 years ago, he opened the proverbial floodgates. The number of fiends he loosed upon the Prime Material Plane is unknown, and unknowable; it is impossible to account for all of them. Since that time, Fiendish origins have been noted in many of the lower Humanoid races, from all over the continent, whose morality is questionable at best. Orcs, Gnolls, Bugbears, Hobgoblins, Goblins, Kobolds, Ogres, Hill Giants, you name it; if there is evil in one's heart, then one is not loathe to lie with Demon-kind, in return for the promise of power. The Orcs of the Pomarj are no exception; indeed, it seems that they, more so than all others, have truly embraced the Demonic. And indeed, they have grown in power as a result, hence their ability to command creatures such as Manticores, which their scouts are known to ride. And therein lies the true danger; scouts which ride those beasts are usually reserved for long-range missions, not short ones. I doubt that The Pomarj is concerned with our little backwater region. They have much more grandiose schemes in mind, I can assure you. Did you find anything on them that would indicate where they were headed, and/or what their orders might have been?"

Without waiting for a response, Father Xavier casts Dispel Magic upon Denby; there is a bright flash of light, as his spell flings itself against the magic that prevails upon the changed man; but as powerful as Father Xavier's spell is, it is no match for the magicks affecting Denby. The spell sputters and fades. Father Xavier is shocked; "I have never seen a spell so powerful before. This is beyond my skill."

Edward steps toward Denby, and says, "There's one way to figure out if it really is you. You once told Harold and I that your father had a dog of which you were exceedingly fond, when you were a young boy. He was a Golden Retriever. What was the dog's name?"

Denby laughs, and says: "Brilliant as ever, Edward. You'll make a fine Sheriff one day. I didn't love that dog, I hated him. He used to bite my sister and I for no reason. And he wasn't a Golden Retriever, he was a Black Mastiff. His name was Jacques."

Both Harold and Edward breathe a long sigh. Harold says, "Then it really is you. What in the Nine Hells happened to you, old man?" smiling at both Denby and Edward as he speaks. Edward laughs, and says, "I'll tell you what happened, he blundered into the plot of some foul Wizard!" Both Edward and Harold clap Denby on the back and shake his hand. Edward says, lastly, "Don't worry, sir. We'll see you through this."

[Everyone: What do you do?]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
DM Record-Keeping:

Today is Patchwall 11th, CY 963. Your day began at 9 am in the common room of the Red Roc Inn.

Lathir left town at 12:30 PM.

At this point, it is now 1 PM in the afternoon.
 

akahdrin

First Post
Kasnik finds this entire situation strange. Thinking to himself...**A man who can't remember a gift that he created for a friend. Something is wrong.**

Kasnik says, "I'm getting a bit restless and feel strange without my armor on. Excuse me for a moment." and asks the assistance for anyone in the room to help with putting his armor on.

Kasnik starts to put on his armor (2 minute suit up time). If enough time passes for this, he will casually pick up his great sword in 1 hand, and his shield in the other. Kasnik will position himself at the door once his armor is on, waiting for everyone to leave.

GM: Edward and Harold help Kasnik put the armor on, and the process is finished just as the Man in Green is waking up, and as the clergy are leaving.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Father Xavier, Do you have the skill to wake the green man? I feel it is time we interrogate him.

GM: Father Xavier says that he can, indeed, wake him. He says that he has merely been knocked out by a heavy blow, and that any Cure Wounds spell of moderate or greater power should have the power to bring him around. Father Xavier calls for the acolyte to bring the Man in Green into the main chamber. Once the man has been delivered, Father Xavier lays a hand on him, just as he did with Father Clarence. A surge of energy pulses down his arm, and into the Green Man; instantly, the man opens his eyes, gasping in horror at his surroundings. He doesn't move, but you can all sense that he is contemplating flight. Father Xavier excuses himself, taking Father Clarence with him. He says that he wants to talk with Father Clarence, and that he will return shortly. The acolyte leaves as well, closing the door behind him. The party is now alone with a conscious, unarmed, Man in Green.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen & Vale And Greenie The Small Man (who IS in a world of :):):):):):))

Vale:

~ Let's see if he scares easily. ~

Vale eyes the prisoner as he whispers to himself the beginning of a prayer to Clangeddin Silverbeard, particularly the warm up to the Silence spell, where he can release it with but a breath. He looks at him, unclothed and without any weapons or gear. He wants the fellow to feel self-conscious. And afraid. And in a few moments, he wants him to feel broken.

Vale chuckles to himself, under his breath. addresses the unclothed small man (formerly the green rider), "Well met, my nearly naked friend. You are a might wee one for a human. Do you know where ye are? Ye are in a world of piss. Not literally, of course. But that can change. You met my dire-pup already, did ye? He's a pleasant fellow...not so much when he knows I have met a baddie. Now, you are probably thinkin, 'maybe I should kill myself somehow'...I'll jest tell ya, that'll do nicely...it'll save us the trouble. Maybe you think you can escape. I can promise you that won't happen. (Vale reaches down and touches his axe). We'll carve you up so fast, you won't realize it's only your head that's bouncing out of the room until it rolls to a stop looking back at the rest of ye. "

"So here's your options: Tell us everything we want to know, and then we lock you up with three squares a day, but you remain alive for awhile longer (Vale recalls the truthsayer nature of the temple), perhaps even long enough to wipe your noggin' of any notion of who you are...eh...rather who you were; Or, you can do this the fun way (Vale again taps the axe in its holster at his leg), and I'll let me pup make you a eunuch; that's right...he'll use your balls for chew toys...and we'll let you bleed to death, and then we'll ask your corpse. Oh...yeah...that's why I'm very fine with you dyin'. And, by the way, we'll know when you are lying to us, magic being what it is...and you'll get two chances to do it. One per testicle. And if you even so much as whisper the beginnings of a spell, we'll go straight to the last option. And we won't get to know each other at all. "

Vale eyes the wee former green rider. "Do ye understand me? Do ye understand that ye have lost today? Ye can nod your head yes now; in fact, I insist that you do."

Respen looks at Vale with a sly grin. He really likes this dwarf. He sits back, waiting for Vale to finish his intimidation attempt. Assuming it works, it certainly sounds tough. If it doesn't, Respen will play nice and attempt to hypnotize the little man. Respen likes this approach.

[sblock=Intimidation Roll]
rolz.org: Vale rolls 1d20+3 = 21 (18+3)
[/sblock]
 

akahdrin

First Post
Kasnik sends for his horse to run at great haste. Kasnik thinks to himself **I've seen this behavior before back in Pomarj. I don't need to revel in the death and suffering of others again and it shouldn't be striven for here either as once this path is gone down, it is almost impossible to turn back.**

Kasnik is in disbelief in how this Vale is acting and how Respen is approving of it. After he insists to get a head nod from man in green, Kasnik immediately positions himself between Vale and the man in green with his shield and weapon drawn. "Is this how we act? Is this how we show we are better? By being evil? By threatening torture? You are no better then! I am disgusted! The druids of the grove where I am from would never allow one of their children to act in this manner. You will not lay a hand on him and your pup will not either. If either you do, I swear by Valarian that we will have more than words. He will have his time for a trial and his punishment will follow. This 'punishment' will not happen before by your hand or by your command."

Kasnik snarls at Vale and assumes a completely defensive posture (Total defense) near the green man. Pointing his sword at Vale and commanding, "We are better than this!"

OOC: Kasnik is actively using Detect Evil on Vale. I hope Vale realizes that he is willingly threatening murder (an evil act) and that he is happy with it (chaotic evil). Kasnik's mount runs at a 300 and can double move at a 120 which should put him in the room with me within a round or 2 at most if unimpeded. The mount is intelligent (6) and will open doors if required to via pulling it with mouth or ramming it open with it's body. I am actively calling him via Empathic Link (1 mile range) to aid me at maximum haste as protection is needed and as I am probably in danger. Once in the room I will take a 10 due to my saddle with an auto 26 ride to fast mount. Diplomacy roll of a 12 on Rolz to get the man in green to talk peacefully.
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale responds to Kasnik, and Respen does his thing...

Kasnik sends for his horse to run at great haste. Kasnik thinks to himself **I've seen this behavior before back in Pomarj. I don't need to revel in the death and suffering of others again and it shouldn't be striven for here either as once this path is gone down, it is almost impossible to turn back.**

Kasnik is in disbelief in how this Vale is acting and how Respen is approving of it. After he insists to get a head nod from man in green, Kasnik immediately positions himself between Vale and the man in green with his shield and weapon drawn. "Is this how we act? Is this how we show we are better? By being evil? By threatening torture? You are no better then! I am disgusted! The druids of the grove where I am from would never allow one of their children to act in this manner. You will not lay a hand on him and your pup will not either. If either you do, I swear by Valarian that we will have more than words. He will have his time for a trial and his punishment will follow. This 'punishment' will not happen before by your hand or by your command."

Kasnik snarls at Vale and assumes a completely defensive posture (Total defense) near the green man. Pointing his sword at Vale and commanding, "We are better than this!"

OOC: Kasnik is actively using Detect Evil on Vale. I hope Vale realizes that he is willingly threatening murder (an evil act) and that he is happy with it (chaotic evil). Kasnik's mount runs at a 300 and can double move at a 120 which should put him in the room with me within a round or 2 at most if unimpeded. The mount is intelligent (6) and will open doors if required to via pulling it with mouth or ramming it open with it's body. I am actively calling him via Empathic Link (1 mile range) to aid me at maximum haste as protection is needed and as I am probably in danger. Once in the room I will take a 10 due to my saddle with an auto 26 ride to fast mount. Diplomacy roll of a 12 on Rolz to get the man in green to talk peacefully.

~ What?! Just wonderful. So much for that tactic. ~

Vale, without weapons, puts himself eyeball to eyeball with the Orc, about a foot away, so close that Kasnik can hear him clearly. He speaks calmly, not really a departure from his comments to Greenie, as he is matter of fact, but he no longer has the menacing tone. He leans in and whispers to Kasnik, "Old man, are ye daft?!? One priest lost his mind and the other had to seal the cursed item that did it. We don't know who this wee one is, but he was spying around the Sheriff's office. You got here long enough to see him nearly trample townsfolk with willful disregard once he realized he was caught. He did a backflip off of his horse and landed upright. And he cut Harold with a poison dagger. Weapons or no, he isn't harmless." Vale turns in exasperation, and steps back. "I am not interested in harming him, especially in somebody else's temple. However, he doesn't know that. He doesn't even know where he is. Or who we are. Now, I know that you don't know that either. I know that Orcs who have chosen good versus evil have little patience for even the appearance of evil, so I think I understand your point. Now, understand mine. He needs to think he's in danger of walking out of here minus a few body parts so he plays nice and doesn't try to kill anybody in here or out there. If my methods offend you, I beg your pardon. I'd point out that my weapon hasn't moved; it's holstered and will stay so, unlike yours."

Vale stands relaxed, waiting on Kasnik to stand down. After a few moments of silence, he folds his arms in an impatient, but not impertinent manner. Vale demonstrates respect to this holy warrior of Valarian, but he is clearly undeterred, "Whenever you are done, friend, we can get on with it."

OOC: Vale is Chaotic Good; Respen is Chaotic Neutral with good tendencies. Both have a 'thing' for pragmatism. It's about the only similar thing about them. There is no evil here. It's simply a bullying intimidation tactic on a clearly evil NPC; perhaps Kasnik will deduce that from the auras of Vale, Respen, and the green dude.


Respen watches, thinking that the exchange between Kasnik and Vale might necessitate hypnotizing (or attempting to, anyway) the green rider. Respen locks eyes on the green rider, and speaks an elven incantation toward the prisoner in order to hypnotize him. Perhaps it will bring peace to the matter.

OOC: Given it's 2am in the morning, I figure I cared enough about it to attempt to settle it. Insomnia helped. Waiting for allergy meds to kick in.
 
Last edited:

akahdrin

First Post
Kasnik snarls back, "I am not daft little pup. I think you may be thinking of yourself with who is acting like a fool. I have seen these tactics used before, I have seen malevolence longer than you've been alive, and I will not tolerate it in my presence. We will all be judged by the actions in which we carried ourselves. I will not be an accomplice to your malice as what you do does reflect upon me if I allow it to happen. There is a better way. He needs to not think he is in danger, he needs to know that his actions have determined his fate. If we need information, we can always just find a wizard to get the answers we need instead of the terror are you attempting to inflict onto his mind to achieve the same goal. Your methods have done more than offend me, they have shed you in a light unbecoming to a child of nature. If they saw you right now, they would be disgusted with your behavior. We will not be finished here until you are not the one interrogating and you back off."

During the altercation, Kasnik's steed has arrived and pushes his way into between Vale and the green man. The horse cocks his head and exhales loudly while stamping his right hoof. Kasnik does not mount his horse, but leaves him there to act as an additional barrier.

OOC: I am assuming during that speech, my horse has arrived as that was clearly a lot of speaking. Detect evil does not allow me to see auras of good, which you do not have anyways. As far as I know, you are both CN or CE and you are hiding your alignment by the way you are acting. Your knowledge of paladins, very common knowledge, will inform you that most are lawful good. It will also tell you that breaking the law and threatening an evil act is not the best idea to do in their presence.
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
OOC: Sylvar is Chaotic Good


Sylvar approaches Vale and Kasnik unarmed, his arms wide in a reconciliatory stance.

Gentlemen, lets us not resort to violence, we are not animals, and I believe we are all after the same thing. Vale, I am all for roughing a man up and causing discomfort in order to get information, but threatening a man with his life and severe bodily harm is not within my comfort. I must side with Kasnik. Under normal circumstances I would not object, but there are other means and we are in a place where lying is not permitted. Surely we should try those first, if they don't work we can try more severe tactics.

Perhaps we can try hypnotizing the man. He won't be going anywhere and we will know if he is lying.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Clash of The Righteous

GM:
KASNIK: Actually, you CAN detect auras, you're just not very good at it currently. I will post my updated Detect Evil document to the group OOC chat on Facebook Messenger here shortly, within the next few minutes. Since this argument clearly took more than 24 seconds (4 rounds) I took the liberty of rolling Kasnik's Sense Motive on everyone in the room. They were all failures, even when I re-rolled the two results of "1"; However, the two results of 23 were, ironically, on the Green Man, and on Vale. [23 is only 2 points shy of being able to see the complete aura!] Although you can't read the auras, you do NOT detect evil ANYWHERE within your range of detection, including moments when you change the focus of your cone by scanning the room; also, you suddenly get a "gut feeling" that neither Vale, nor the Man in Green, is wantonly evil, and although you have acted correctly by challenging Vale and protecting the Man in Green, something tells you that of the two, Vale is by far the more righteous, even if his zeal DID momentarily get the better of him. You know from long years of experience that Dwarves can be grumpy, cantankerous, and stubborn, but that this is often a harsh exterior which hides a good heart. Something inside you (let's call it "Valerian's Enlightenment") tells you that such is the case with Vale, and that he, being a servant of The Silver Father, will face adequate consequences as it is, and that you should forgive him for his lapse in judgment. Of course, this does not mean that you should not be vigilant against relapses in the future; but you know from experience that anger and frustration can harden one's heart, and cloud one's judgment. One outburst of anger does not make one evil. You know very well that evil grows best through unchecked repetition. Luckily, that particular "weed" will not have a chance to grow here, under your watchful eyes.


Respen said:
Respen locks eyes on the green rider, and speaks an elven incantation toward the prisoner in order to hypnotize him. Perhaps it will bring peace to the matter.

Respen casts Hypnotism on the Man in Green, but the man's mind, clouded by fear, refuses to embrace the spell's pull toward complacency; at one point, the Man in Green locks Respen's gaze with his own, saying nothing outwardly, but conveying a sense of both anger and fear, as he realizes that you have attempted to enspell him.

The Man in Green is currently cowering, trying to crawl towards the corner of the room, to avoid what he senses to be an escalation of the conflict. There is no window nor door nor other form of egress in the direction he is crawling; only the safety of the corner.

[Everyone: What do you do?]


 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Making a patting motion with my hands palms down and extended before me, I attempt to refocus the situation. "Gentlemen, let us get back to the matter at hand - what this man," I motion toward the crawling and cowering man, "was doing." Kneeling about three arms lengths away from the man I ask, "What exactly was it you were doing? As you can see, my companions are in no mood to banter. Please enlighten us, lest their patience escape them again. Currently we have reason to suspect you might be in league with fiendish orcs... I'm sure you can imagine what the law will do to one that aids the Pomarj against the good folk of the region. Better to be upfront and honest lest you cause yourself additional hardships than what you have already faced. What say you?"

OOC: Intimidate roll of 26, Sense Motive roll of 24.

 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Man in Green Finally Speaks

Dewydd said:
Kneeling about three arms lengths away from the man I ask, "What exactly was it you were doing? As you can see, my companions are in no mood to banter. Please enlighten us, lest their patience escape them again."

The Man in Green (To Dewydd, in Common): "My real name is Oswald Poppentart..."

As the Man in Green says this, he is horrified to see puffs of green, stinking vapors coming from his mouth!

Realizing what is occurring, he stops speaking, and curls up into a ball, and begins to cry. "They'll kill me if I tell you the truth! The Dwarf's threats are child's play compared to what happens to betrayers of The Order! They are fond of saying that physical pain is a blessing, for it means that your soul is intact!"

As this is happening, Father Xavier returns. He looks upon Kasnik's horse with disdain. "I don't know why you felt it necessary to summon your horse into the sanctuary, but if you don't mind, I believe that the situation no longer calls for its presence."

Father Xavier looks at the man, and says:
"You've caused quite a stir here, young man. Now that I am here, I can see that your aura does not carry the taint of evil, per se, but it is burdened by greed, selfishness, and deceit. The path you are on leads down a slippery slope, I'm afraid. You must tell us the truth. We will offer you asylum here, in this temple. Whatever this "Order" is that you're afraid of, I can say with certainty, that their leaders would think twice about trying to get to you HERE. Understand now that this is a Temple dedicated to St. Cuthbert The Just, and we have an order of our own. It's called The Order of The Flaming Mace; it's an order of Holy Knights, sworn to the service of St. Cuthbert. We are strong, and this place is heavily fortified, both by mortar and stone, and by enchantment. As long as you are here, you are safe. And think upon this: you could live here, comfortably, and in peace, safe from your old life, and your old enemies, as long as you agree to take the oath, and study the scriptures of Cuthbert. We have many among our monks who were once common thugs such as yourself, whom have learned the path to peace, through study and prayer. The choice is yours."

The Man in Green looks around the room, his eyes filled with fear.
"How do I know you're not trying to trick me?" he says.

[Everyone: What do you do?]


 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
"Did you notice how when you lied to us puffs of green, stinking vapors spewed forth from your mouth? That shows you were lying to us. Notice none of us have had the same happen? That means everything we have told you has been true. Continue."
 

akahdrin

First Post
Kasnik's horse nods and nickers to Father Xavier and leaves without Kasnik directing it to. Bowing his head to his steed and in a gentle voice, "Thank you my noble friend, I can always count on you." His horse neighs and lowers his head to Kasnik as he passes. Kasnik reaches up, scratches him on the back of the neck and whispers a blessing upon him.

With his weapon now lowered from Vale and he gently nods at Dewydd. He then turns around after sheathing his sword and extends a hand to the cowering green man to help him up. "Stand, I will not let anyone harm you. I expect answers, truthful ones. It is the least you can do for someone who just sparred your life. If 'The Order' is truly the cause of your fear, then something will have to be done about that and I will personally see that their evil power is extinguished from the land. However, to do anything to them, we need to have vital information." Placing his fist to his heart, "I swear to Valarian that I am not trying to trick you. If you give us the information needed to defeat them, you won't need to change your beliefs, only your own morality. If you decide to help us, sanctuary could be provided until it is over, but you will not be allowed to leave until after your atonement to those you have wronged."

Thinking to himself, **No one should be forced to follow a god even if it is for their own salvation. This would not be a willing change like I had where I felt the gradual love of Valarian that finally overwhelmed me, but a forced indoctrination only to save his own life out of fear. It would not be genuine. I will have to keep an eye on this form of conversion from this possible 'cult' of St. Cuthbert.**
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: Kasnik, make a knowledge Religion check, DC 6; the oath of the Cuthbert Monks is pretty well-known / common knowledge among clergy and templars.
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Responds...

~ Oh for the love of toads. ~

Vale feels an acrid taste of ammonia on his tongue. Bitter.

~ Perhaps it is the truth-sayer effect of the temple. Not enough for smoke, so perhaps not enough of it was a lie? Lucky for the green fellow that the orc was here. I would never allow Gus to torture anybody, though, nor eat testicles. I don’t think he would even like them. ~

The acrid taste dissipates. Vale allows wisdom to prevail. Vale feels embarrassed at the green fellow’s cowering. Perhaps the orc had a point. Vale didn’t count on being met with such fragility.
He works to the side of Kasnik and Dewyyd such that he can see the man, but he keeps his distance. “Ye are a lucky wee man, there, Greenie. The old big fella here has your back. He appears as righteous as he is sanctimonious. As to the Order that vexes you, I’ll reserve my ire for them and not you. Nobody’s touching your testicles. And nobody will kill you here. That was intended to scare you, not send you cowering to the corner. Get up man. Have some respect for yourself.

GM:
"Nobody’s touching your testicles. And nobody will kill you here. That was intended to scare you, not send you cowering to the corner. Get up man. Have some respect for yourself. -- Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Reminds me of the used car salesman in True Lies.


He turns to Kasnik such that the green fellow can hear him, “That’s as much of an apology as I am going to give the wee man until he earns it. I have no quarrel with you, Orc. That said, you can take your sanctimony and shove it up your horses rear end. And while you are there, try your best to pull your head out. I was wrong, but you drew on me first. If you raise your sword to me again, you had better use it. Or I’ll knock your fuzzy orc eyebrows into next week. So be about your snuggling and cuddling of this poor fella so we can be about our way.

Vale begins to walk out of the temple, but he stops and turns toward Sylvar & Dewydd, Edward, Denby, Harold, and Father Xavier and says gruffly, “I regret my actions. I should have warned you that I was going to try and intimidate him, and I should have not said anything about his testicles.” To Father Xavier, “I hope that your friend recovers and is himself. Well met.

He lowers his head, clearly embarrassed. Like most things, he attempts to shake it off quickly.

~ If nothing else, perhaps it was compelling for the green man. Perhaps he will be afraid enough to behave (stick), and persuaded enough to talk (carrot). ~

I’ll meet you back at the inn. Max and I need to catch up. If you still want my assistance with the other thing (clearly a reference to speaking with the dead regarding the red orcs and Vaelik). I’ve spent enough of my day with green men and green orcs.

As he is walking out gruffly both in parts embarrassment and other parts indignity, he stops abruptly, realizing that the party is missing a member, “Sylvar, where did your friend Lathir go?

OOC: Vale's personality is equal parts Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, and Wilford Brimley. Vale is a dwarven neutral good cleric with chaotic good tendencies. Sorry, forgot about that before; I was thinking he was straight up Chaotic Good. He is as affable as any dwarf, but his natural state is grumpy. He is military-minded. And no, his natural tendency is not to harm unarmed combatants. That's outside both neutral good and chaotic good tendencies. But playing a prank on or tricking enemies, even a humiliating one, is allowed. Until the cowering started, Vale thought he was doing just that. He's duly embarrassed, but he's a dwarf, and it is just as much common knowledge to Kasnik that dwarves are difficult and stubborn as it is to Vale that paladins have a thing even tolerating a minor impropriety in either the law or 'good', whatever the hell that is. I mean, he's an orc who's had a Pauline conversion on the way to his Damascus. And Vale is a dwarf whose parents were turned into undead and nearly ate him; he has a few issues that allow me to role play him. The two characters are going to have to figure out how to get along. As to Respen, he is Chaotic Neutral. Kasnik is simply going to have to deal with it. Respen came from far away; it's not like he can go back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

akahdrin

First Post
As Vale is leaving, Kasnik doesn't look at Vale and says, "Best to hold your tongue dwarf. Goading and threatening a paladin is not wise. Clanggedin Silverbeard expects better from his children. We both know this."

He then turns his head down while towering over the dwarf, looks at him, and says in a cold voice, "If you desire honorable combat, I will give it to you dwarf, but not here in this holy place."

Kasnik again looks away from Vale and says indifferently, "I'll leave the loathsome behavior to you. You seem to have mastered it. Get some rest dwarf, tomorrow is a new day."

OOC: Common sense would dictate that playing pranks or harassing on an orc, let alone an orc paladin wouldn't yield good results in any form. Clanggedin embraces good, law, strength, war, and dwarves. Vale appears to uphold none of them, ignoring the law, putting good on the wayside, using strength to intimidate, and not being a good representation of what dwarves are. If Kasnik was a cleric of Clanggedin, he would be ashamed to be a part of his order if they all act like Vale. Kasnik will not have to deal with it as it is not a problem with him, but with Vale.
 
Last edited:

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top