• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grim n' Gritty rules...

Albert_Fish

First Post
Well itsa fairly easy matter to figure out which weapons were best agsint certain armours. Apply a little common sense with the knowledge of popular arms that were used concurrently with certain armours and voila! And only HEAVY peircing weapons would get universal penetration ( though i also award it to lances when used from a charge)

The 2E DMG hada table for weapon types vs armours. but a good rule of thumb is that massive weapons penetrate armour ( any hammer, the godentag, etc) smaller weapons penetrate only mdeium armous and the lightest of weapons penetrate only light armours.i suppose i could makea list. But why bother? it does bog down game play

oh and to add to my list of options rules from above

Rule #2 do not give run of the mill monsters Vitality. it slows game play for small encounters and frustrates players and record keeping. just use Wounds/ HP. ( thankyou Forbidden Kingdoms)

Bendris Noulg

First Post
Just thought of something, an Aedon Rule that's not listed but effects most of the Skill Checks in the H&R system: Opposed Rolls. Aedon's big on them.

Whenever you see CDR, it reads d20 + #. For use with standard DC, simply add 10 to the CDR value.

Sorry if that confused anyone.:eek:

Bendris Noulg

First Post
That be my campaign... Forums are at The Reprieve (the H&R Link on the previous page puts you into the main rules Forum).:)

It's actually mostly done, but my job combined with kids makes time to summarize the rules into a coherant whole scarce.:mad:

Workin' on it, though.;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads