• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

ragboy

Explorer
"Haskins," T. Rawley says, urging Brindle to the water's edge. "Why don't you let me take the rope across. You'll have to strip down and the whole group will be more vulnerable without you manning that hand-cannon."

OOC: If no one objects, Rawley will grab one end of the rope and lead his horse into the water. And I think 'a bit less than what you have' is a roundabout way of saying we have just enough... :)

Fenris

Adventurer
ragboy said:
"Haskins," T. Rawley says, urging Brindle to the water's edge. "Why don't you let me take the rope across. You'll have to strip down and the whole group will be more vulnerable without you manning that hand-cannon."

OOC: If no one objects, Rawley will grab one end of the rope and lead his horse into the water. And I think 'a bit less than what you have' is a roundabout way of saying we have just enough... :)

Haskins: "Alright there Sutton. Lay on."
And Haskins sights the river for any crocs, cats or other peril, Martini-Henry unslung and at the ready.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
ragboy said:
OOC: If no one objects, Rawley will grab one end of the rope and lead his horse into the water.

If you can, send me a Swim check for your horse and a Ride or Handle Animal check for yourself.

As always, make sure you put your character name in the subject line. The dice server doesn't give me any information about who's sending me rolls!

If the server isn't working for you, let me know.

The link to the dice server is at the bottom of the first post (and will remain there...)

nakia

First Post
Fenris said:
Since we're in a jungle any nice stout vines we can use to supplement our meager rope supply?

Haskins is willing to tie the rope around him and swim across. Let Teddy hold the other end.

Sounds like a plan. Teddy will anchor the rope while Haskins and his swim ranks head across

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nakia said:
Sounds like a plan. Teddy will anchor the rope while Haskins and his swim ranks head across

I believe at this point the plan is for Rawley to swim across on horseback.

I'm simply waiting for the necessary rolls (Swim, followed by either Ride or Handle Animal).

Wulf

ragboy

Explorer
OOC: Rolls sent

T. Rawley grabs the end of the rope and walks Brindle into the water.

"Easy boy," he says. "Just like crossing the Trinity."

As the horse begins to swim, he keeps a roving eye up and down stream and along the far bank.

OOC: Forgot to ask, what's the far bank look like? Brush and stuff?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Rawley tugged at Brindle, easing the skittish horse into the river. Brindle resisted at first, then suddenly plunged ahead into the river and started swimming for the other side.

The group watched and waited nervously until both horse and rider were safe on the other bank.

Rawley gave a tug on the rope and it snapped taut. It was just long enough to reach, but only if they secured it to the banks with tent spikes. Even with both coils of rope tied together, there was no way it would reach to the trees on either side.

The knotted rope bobbed in the center of the river, cutting a V into the current.

solomoncane

First Post
[OOC: Sorry I lost track of story--is the rope for those w/o horses or can those of us on horseback use it as a guide when crossing (circumstance modifier?)? Note: I still can't send rolls.]

Hambrick secures his possessions and prepares to cross. ("...would that I were Moses," he thought to himself.)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
solomoncane said:
[OOC: Sorry I lost track of story--is the rope for those w/o horses or can those of us on horseback use it as a guide when crossing (circumstance modifier?)? Note: I still can't send rolls.]

The rope won't be of any use to the horses, or to anyone who wants to ride their horse across.

If you are swimming across on your own, the rope will keep you from having to roll to cross. It will allow you to "Take 10" and-- barring anything unexpected-- simply cross.

Hambrick secures his possessions and prepares to cross. ("...would that I were Moses," he thought to himself.)

Hey, don't sell yourself short. Shoot for Moses and you still get muddy feet. Shoot for Jesus, man. Now that's a smooth crossing.

solomoncane

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

If you are swimming across on your own, the rope will keep you from having to roll to cross. It will allow you to "Take 10" and-- barring anything unexpected-- simply cross.

OOC: Would it be possible to take 10 (using the rope) while leading the horse?

Remove ads