(Group 1) Welcome to The Fold IC (Group 1)

Araciell

First Post
Arasworld » home
(The new Wiki for our setting)

Pardoner - Druid
Vickas - Rogue
Calvin - Paladin
Maighan - Druid
Errin - Sorcerer

(we can play it either that you've been traveling together for a while or you meet up in the tavern, if you like :p)

And so you have arrived at the Twin Capital Cities of Lexim and Ragrus. Being weary from the road, and noticing the sun is no longer high in the sky, you decide to take a rest for the evening. The walls of Lexim stand tall and bright, even in the failing light as you try to decide where to spend the night..

Velmont

First Post
The ride have been long, and Calvin feels the dust in his armor, but it is nothing compare to what Stallion feels. Calvin he feeling his dog is tired and would welcome some rest. As he approach the city gates, Calvin stroke his dog head. "Come one Stallion, we are almost at our destination." Calvin hears the city guards laughing as they heard the dog's name. One whisper a comment at the other. Calvin shooks his head and decide to ignore them.

As he cross the city gate, he looks around and see an Inn waiting there. The Golden Unicorn seems a pretty cheap Inn. His sign is a wooden unicorn with a yellow horn, not even closely gold. The Inn has two floors and it seems to be a bit worn down and not well maintain. Calvin touch his purse. With the amount of money he has, he will need to find some money soon, and he cannot afford a good Inn.

Calvin comes down from his mount. As he enters, two men wearing leather armors and having dagger to there belt get out, pushing aside Calvin just as he didn't exist. Stallion starts to growl, but Calvin make a sign and the dog lay down without more sound. He finally enter and spot the innkeeper cleaning a table. "Hello sir, do you have any room left?"

The innkeeper turns around and take a few moment before nodding. "Yes, I have some left, master halfling." answers the Innkeeper. Calvin make a sign through the doorway and Stallion enter the place. "Sorry, but no animals inside my Inn. You need to leave him in the stable."

"Please sir, he is not an horse, but a dog. And he will stay in the room if you like. He is well train and you won't complain." The innkeeper stare a moment at the dog. "Lizzy, gives him room 3" A girl who was behind the bar grab a key under the counter and walk to Calvin and hand him the key. "Thanks, miss" The girl smiles before going back to her work.

Calvin go into his room where he put down his pack and takes time to remove the barding from his dog and wash him. It si only an hour later that Calvin return to the common room.

ghostcat

First Post
Anyone looking out of the city's west gate just before sunset would have seen a lone figure silhouetted against the setting sun. As the figure slowly plods towards the gate it can be seen that it is a very ordinary looking male half elf with a white and ginger cat riding on his backpack.

"Nearly there Moggins. I'll be glad of a break from all this walking. Pity we can only afford to stay a few days. We really are going to have to find a job." "Right, now jump down and stay hidden but keep close and keep out of trouble. The cat jumps down from Errin's backpack and disappears into the city. Meanwhile Errin enters the city and starts looking for an Inn.

Spotting a run down inn named the Golden Unicorn, Errin decides that this will probably fit his rapidly depleting funds. On entering the common room, Errin sees that there is a single customer seated at a table, while the innkeeper is behind the bar halfheartedly polishing glasses. "Good evening sir. Is there any chance of a meal and a room for the night? Also a bath would be nice if it would be no trouble" Putting the glass down slowly, the innkeeper looks Errin up and down, appearing to appease his worth to the nearest copper. "We can provide you with a room and food. Stew, garlic sausage and brown bread do you? Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about a bath. There's a bath house down the street, however." "Thank you, I will take the room and the food now. I may look into visiting the bathhouse later." "Your food will be ready in about half an hour." The innkeeper turns towards the kitchen and raising his voice shouts "Lizzy show the gentleman to room number 1."

A girl comes out of the kitchen and shows Errin to a small first floor room, which contains a single bed and a wash stand. "Just one minute and I will get you some water for washing." Lizzy leaves and in not much over the promised minute is back with a bowl and jug of water.

After washing the worst of the dust off his arms and face, Errin opens the room's small window. The window looks out onto a back ally, with barrels stacked against the wall. Leaving the window open Errin thinks that Moggins would be really comfortable sleeping on the bed. Locking the room Errin makes his way down to the common room and sits at an empty table.

Gantros

Explorer
Pardoner Utigman

The Pardoner wrinkled his nose as the odors of the city ahead began to reach him. He grimaced at the thought of spending more than a few hours there, and wondered once again at how anyone could tolerate making their home in a place like this, let alone enjoy it.

His companion alighted on his shoulder perch with a flutter and a thump. He could tell from the goshawk's weight that her hunt had been successful today, even before seeing the crimson staining her beak and talons as he turned to fasten her tether. Gently tieing her hood in place, he realized that his time in the city was going to be harder for her than it was for him. She was a creature of the forests and clear skies, and he knew this hive of humanity was as far from her comfort zone as anything she had ever encountered.

Yet the Pardoner knew what it was that drew people here, what drew him here even now... behind those bright walls lay boundless opportunity. It was places like this where people came together, where business was done, where reputations were built or destroyed, and where decisions of importance were made. He still wasn't entirely sure what opportunity he was looking for, but he remembered the words his Watcher left him when he set out on his journey. "To find the truth of one's soul, begin with the heart."

So standing here at the heart of the realm, he knew he would find a way to adapt. Just as he had when he was pulled suddenly away from his home and all that he loved, and spirited away into the depths of the forest. Just as he had when he survived the torturous tests of mind and body and accepted the lonely responsibility of the Pardoner. Just as he had when he was abruptly set free to wander the world in search of his destiny. And his loyal companion would trust him, as he trusted her.

The city guards paid him little heed as he passed through the gates, clearly much more interested in the large bird of prey sitting proudly on his shoulder than on an otherwise unremarkable traveller. In the outskirts, the staff and pendant that signified his station would surely have commanded more attention, but here it seemed most people had never even heard of a Pardoner. He knew Lexim would have an entire bureaucracy of magistrates and officials to handle the kinds of disputes he was usually charged with settling, and that suited him just fine at the moment. Instead he focused on the same basic priorities he had when travelling in the wilds - finding food and shelter.

Conveniently there seemed to be plenty of that available just inside the gates, so the Pardoner headed toward the most simple-looking establishment he could see. No need to waste what little coin he had on amenities he would never appreciate. Besides, that interesting dog-riding halfling he'd seen enter the city ahead of him appeared to have chosen it as well. He cocked an eyebrow at the sign above the door, apparently a poorly crafted attempt at a unicorn, as he stepped inside.

The inn seemed surprisingly empty this late in the day, but the Pardoner chalked that up to the competition provided by its better maintained neighbours. No doubt things would get more interesting by sunset, he thought as his hailed the innkeeper. "I'd like a room and a meal, if you please."

Like pretty much everyone else, the innkeeper's eyes locked on the goshawk. He shook his head briefly and replied, "That I can provide, but unfortunately I do not allow animals inside my inn. You will have to leave your bird elsewhere."

The Pardoner rubbed his nose for a moment before nodding toward his companion. "You needn't worry about Ikfaldig, sir. I assure you she is quite well behaved. Certainly at least as well as that dog I saw enter here with a halfling just a few minutes past, and I surely didn't notice that one leaving. She is also quite adept at dispensing with certain pests that have been known to frequent inns like this on occasion."

The innkeeper scowled, then rubbed his chin in consideration. Leaning in close, he said quietly, "I would ordinarily take offense at such comments, but it so happens that the previous tenants of my best room made mention of encountering such... pests, and I could actually use some help in seeing them off. So here's my offer - deal with the problem in that room, and I'll let you stay there for the price of a common room."

Though the Pardoner thought that bargain favored the innkeeper, he decided to accept rather than press his luck. The innkeeper waved over a girl who had just come down the stairs to lead him up to the "grand room". It turned out to be better than he'd hoped. Spacious with a high peaked ceiling, a large window, and two beds. He removed Ikfaldig's perch and fastened it to the back of a heavy chair, attaching a long tether that would give her some freedom to explore her new surroundings. After the girl had returned with a basin of water, the Pardoner removed the bird's hood and quickly washed himself. When she tilted her head to watch him leave with her yellow glare, he knew with confidence that no vermin, of the animal or the human kind, would be troubling this room tonight.

The smell of stew, garlic, and bread wafted up to meet him as he headed back down to the common room. His adaptation to this new environment was off to a good start, he thought with a grin.

kildar

First Post
At noon day, the young elf finally entered the gates of Lexim. Vickas strolled throughout the town making sure not to let his earned coins disappear. At the same time, he couldn’t help but to pick up a few silver and copper pieces. He was searching for lodgings that would make sure he made more money today than loss and to find an easy spot to relax and leave if he got bored.
After about an hour of walking around Vickas figured out which inn he wanted to meet his goals for the day, The Golden Unicorn. When Vickas approached the inn, he was very depressed at the inn’s sign and sigil. A beat up piece of Mahogany wood painted with a cheap water resistance pee yellow with a cross-eyed unicorn. The young elf rolled eyes as he walked in.
After a few hours of drinking wine slowly, he noticed two increasingly drunk men trying, very horribly, to “seduce” the bar maid. So far there weren’t many differences with human males wherever he went. The situation began to get worse as they began groping her butt. She tried to resist the two men but they continued to overpower her. Vickas meandered over to the two men putting one arm around each of their shoulders. Both of them felt the point of the hidden knives in his sleeves as the blades pressure almost pierced their skin. Vickas looked at the barmaid, “Sister, can you refill my glass of brandy at the table and put large pitcher of ale on the table.”
After the barmaid left, he turned his attention to the two men, “I suggest you leave this inn peacefully and quietly before I make the point obvious to you. I think you understand.” Vickas walked back to his table and took his seat as he watched the two men walk out of the inn and the strangest looking child and a dog wander in...

Last edited:

Gantros

Explorer
The Pardoner walked over to the bar to request his food and drink. As the innkeeper filled his mug, he looked around the common room and was pleased to see that a few more patrons had started to arrive. Quickly appraising each one, he found that two of them caught his attention. One was an unassuming half-elf with downcast eyes that spoke of some past hardship. The other was a young elf he vaguely remembered seeing when he'd entered the inn. That one had a look of mischief about him, even as he lounged in his chair in a shadowed corner of the room.

Both intriguing, but he decided he'd rather have the elf in front of his eyes than behind them. Ale in hand, the Pardoner walked casually across the room and seated himself at an adjacent table. He took a sip, grunted his approval, then took a longer drink. After a pause he turned to the elf. "Thin crowd today, no? Surely I expected a renowned city such as this to be a little bit livelier on such a fine evening. What brings a traveler such as yourself here?"

Velmont

First Post
Calvin finish with Stallion and leave it in the room. "I'll be back in a an hour or two. Here a bone. I'll be back with water and fresh meet later." After having change cloth himself, and get rid of his dusty travel clothing, he leaves the room and go back to the common room. He walks to the bar.

He stares up, but the bar is higher then his eyes and doesn't see well behind. Not seeing either the barmaid of the innkeeper, he turns toward the three perosn standing there. "Having you seem someone of the staff? I need food for my dog and some meals and wine for me."

ghostcat

First Post
Errin looks up as the well groomed young man walks over and sits down near the elf. Deciding that he does not pose an immediate threat, Errin goes back to nursing his drink and eating dinner. The garlic sausage is excellent and Errin puts some of it in his pouch to give to Moggins later.

Meanwhile Moggins has finished finding has own supper and caught an extra rat, which he leaves on the pillow for Errin. He is currently sleeping at the fool of Errin's bed.

Remove ads