• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardinals! Help Needed.

Wolf72

Explorer
OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!

this just came to me ...

A Walrus!!!

*wolf wags his tail*

okay maybe some weasal/ferret/otter type?

Krishnath

First Post
Well, the Draconal is finished, I'll post it in a couple of weeks. It'll be the first of a series of epic monsters I'm doing (even though it was the third I finished.), it ended at above CR 30! so it's a nasty opponent. All I have to say is that I pity the creature that fails to overcome it's SR with a spell... :D

Also, for future guardinals, I think I'll base them on the chinese zodiac. And yes, they'll have the spirit subtype.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

Ferret

Explorer
First of pandas aren't bears(neither are koalas, but I don't care about them :)), and the scientific name becomes "Ailural".

You have my vote for ferret. Perhaps a votey thing? :)

Arken

Explorer
Ferret said:
First of pandas aren't bears(neither are koalas, but I don't care about them :)), and the scientific name becomes "Ailural".

You have my vote for ferret. Perhaps a votey thing? :)

Completely politely and jovially I'd like to state for the record that I knew Pandas weren't bears (or koalas about which I too don't care:D) which is why your raccoon suggestion sparked me off on thinking of them. My suggestion of an Ailural being an improved ursinal was wholly based on appearance. :)
I even enarly got the Guardinal name right but added an extra 'n' for reasons which I now connot fathom :D

*Absolutely no offence meant :)

Krishnath

First Post
Ailural sounds good, I think I'll do a Panda Guardinal as well then.... Hmm 12+1 asian themed guardinals... I've always thought the guardinals fit a OA campaign... :D
By the way, what is the species name for the ferret?

Ferret

Explorer
They are part of the Mustelidae family. Not in my english book of wild life though, the wolverine (Gulo gulo) is. Guloal? Gulal? Wolval? Mustelial?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Ferret said:
They are part of the Mustelidae family. Not in my english book of wild life though, the wolverine (Gulo gulo) is. Guloal? Gulal? Wolval? Mustelial?

We're talking about ferrets, right? I thought I heard once that they're considered the same as a weasel.

Remove ads