• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardinals! Help Needed.

Krishnath

First Post
I thought it was ARKHAM ASYLUM. ;)

Also, I've decided to put the guardinals on temporary hold. I have some other stuff that needs attention. Oh, and I have converted the Orange Dragon to 3.5, I'll be posting it next week.

Later,

LoneWolf23

First Post
Gez said:
I would have proposed it also.

But usually, birds and mammals (except bats) are Good, while insect-like and reptilian are Evil. It's cliché, but it's unconsciously obeyed. Scaly angel would be weird; and with all those pics of St Michael slaying the dragon; having St Michael being a dragon would be even weirder.

This, of course, is a good reason for creating a draconal. :p

Well, the Seraphim, or Most High of Angels, were often identified with Winged Snakes. Likewise, Asian Dragons were connected with Heaven. So there's a precedent for holy beings with reptilian traits, as examplified by the Coualts and the Lillends in D&D.

Although I have to agree, a Draconal would be an impressive thing to see. Or perhaps a superior version of a lesser guardinal, such as a Grand Lupinal?

Arken

Explorer
Ferret said:

Arken absolutely none taken :), btw is that name from "Arken Asylem"?

I don't know really, I just thought it sounded meaningful whilst open to interpretation. I suppose the original inspiration (now I think about it) must have been the Arken Stone in the hobbit though I must have just recalled the world and thought it sounded cool :p

Can't wait to see the draconal Krishnath.:)

Last edited:

Remove ads