• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guess what I've got!

Chaoszero

First Post
You know you've been around your spouse's beading hobby too long when the "guess what" drew my attention to the Swarovski bag and I thought "more beading stuff?". :eek:

OMG! Thats the first thing I noticed too! Stupid beads.

btw. 200 dollars?! Thats a joke, right? I feel an enormous sense of awesome from someone publishing their own campaign book, but dear god, the price! I hope my own player's handbook doesn't cost that when I get it published.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
You know you've been around your spouse's beading hobby too long when the "guess what" drew my attention to the Swarovski bag and I thought "more beading stuff?". :eek:

OMG! Thats the first thing I noticed too! Stupid beads.

btw. 200 dollars?! Thats a joke, right? I feel an enormous sense of awesome from someone publishing their own campaign book, but dear god, the price! I hope my own player's handbook doesn't cost that when I get it published.
It costs that much because every "I" in the book is dotted with a Swarovski crystal.

Quickleaf

Legend
Way to go Morrus! :D

I think it's fair to say this is a milestone in gaming - a book like this won't happen again.

As for the price, I'm guessing this is like six books in one: Player's Guide, Monster Manual, DM's Guide, and 3 adventure paths (in 4e speak one for each tier). If each of these normally would be $30 from a big publisher, $200 for a full-cover hardcover small press product doesn't seem off.

Treebore

First Post
Way to go Morrus! :D

I think it's fair to say this is a milestone in gaming - a book like this won't happen again.

As for the price, I'm guessing this is like six books in one: Player's Guide, Monster Manual, DM's Guide, and 3 adventure paths (in 4e speak one for each tier). If each of these normally would be $30 from a big publisher, $200 for a full-cover hardcover small press product doesn't seem off.

I think the price is because of how small a print run they had to do, or maybe because of something special they did with the maps.

For comparison 3 4E PH's are over 900 pages and would only cost $105. However WOTC is a big publisher with large and multiple print runs, so they get great rates in comparison to EN Publishing.

So the price on this is far from being a deal, but again, their final price is dependent on many factors, and I am sure is as low and as fair as they could manage within their parameters.

Small print run + full color + hardcover = expensive. And that is actually cheaper than some medical textbooks of equivalent size. I'm sure Morrus would be willing to grant an honorary Doctorate of Warfare to anyone who buys the book and completes the campaign.

I want mine.

As for how practical it is, from what I've seen of the pdf, all the NPC and monster stats are in the appendix in alphabetical order, which might not be easiest for on the fly running, but is best for reference, since some types of foes appear multiple times. Plus, I believe everyone who purchases the book gets the pdf too, so it's easy to print out the stats you want.

Edit: As a poster elsewhere pointed out, it has no ribbons, so it can't win an ENnie. (That, and E.N. Publishing can't compete in the ENnies.)

If you want to give your DM a great 3.5 gift (or a freeweights set), buy him Ptolus and the WotBS hardcover.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I dunno about any beads, but that bag contained SHaron's shiny new bracelet. We're going to a wedding soon (at which her ex husband is the best man!) and she's been getting her outfit ready.

Congrats Morrus!!!

It looks great. I've got my 3.5 PDFs for now, but who knows! I'll preorder the 4e version when that is available.

On that note...... when will we see the first adventure in the 4e version?????

VERY soon. In fact, the subscription just went on sale.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
btw. 200 dollars?! Thats a joke, right?

Nope. It's not a joke. It's definitely a luxury collector's-type product. We don't expect to sell many, but it's as cheap as we can make it.

There will be a MUCH cheaper ($70-ish) black-and-white version. It won't be nearly as pretty, but much easier on the wallet.

That's awesome! :)

When does the 4e hardcover come out?

Well after the 4E adventures have been released - so well over a year away!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads