• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guess what I've got!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Swarovski is pretty classy...but when you are selling the most expensive, and heaviest, game product in history, it is to be expected.

There's no way that will fit through my letter box. Lucky I don't live far from the Post Office.

I hope it doesn't take too long to arrive. I can't wait.

And regarding the price, unfortunately that's what these things cost to make, if you are a small publisher. I doubt Morrus will be retiring on the proceeds.

Fenes

First Post
How much "Campaign material" (NPCs, locations, history) is there? Or, hopw useful is it as a ressource instead of an AP?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How much "Campaign material" (NPCs, locations, history) is there? Or, hopw useful is it as a ressource instead of an AP?

Well, I'm not really trying to "sell" it in this thread (more just express my happiness at its arrival!), but while there is a fair amount of that stuff in it, it's not really designed for that purpose. You're probably better off buying an actual setting.

You can always download the free player and campaign guides (see the WotBS page) which contains the majority of the "setting" stuff outside the detail in the adventures themselves, but that's a very broad overview.

Grymar

Explorer
That's no Campaign Guide, that's a Space Sta...I mean textbook!

That is just gloriously cool. Well done. By the way, I'm hoping to have a review up next week on the second adventure in WotBS. Work and prep for tonight's game have taken over my free time this week.

catsclaw227

First Post
Morrus, did much change from the individual PDFs? Was there a lot added that tied things together? I see that there some bonus side adventures and the prologue, but did you have to tweak stuff like Paizo did to put Shackled City into a single hardback?

Also, if there will be a 4e hardcover, will purchasers of the PDF subscription get a discount on it (since the hardcover will offer a coupon of the PDfs for free)?

And can I preorder the 4e hardcover instread?? :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, did much change from the individual PDFs? Was there a lot added that tied things together? I see that there some bonus side adventures and the prologue, but did you have to tweak stuff like Paizo did to put Shackled City into a single hardback?

Not really. They were designed to tie together from the start. There's some reorganzatio of material (compiling all the rules stuff, all the NPCs, etc. into a single appendix) and some bonus stuff, but the adventures themselves haven't really changed.

Also, if there will be a 4e hardcover, will purchasers of the PDF subscription get a discount on it (since the hardcover will offer a coupon of the PDfs for free)?

I haven't the faintest. The 4E hardcover, if we do it, is well over a year away, and we don't have the infrastructure at present to make a discount work that way round. So - dunno! I haven't even vaguely contemplated the 4E hardcover yet!

And can I preorder the 4e hardcover instread?? :D

Nope! Not at the moment, anyway. Maybe towards the end of 2009.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads