• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guild Wars... how is it?

Turhan

First Post
I just started playing last week. A buddy did some beta on it and loved it lots.
I never liked EQ after the first week and found Diablo so-so, but Guild Wars is different. I like it.

I play with three other buddies from my dnd group and never bother with strangers in the towns. That's just my style. There are lots of people to meet in the towns (which serve as in game chat rooms or team rooms or whatever you want to call them.)

If you want to play alone you should be able to, for most early parts, but if you can't find a player they say you can hire npc's to fill out the part of 2-8.

The world uses instanced encounter areas so once you leave town it's just you and your team. The game is set up with separate PvP areas, too.

Your PC is better than mine and I have no problem except some over heating of my video card- so I opened my case up. (5 fans weren't enough.)

I hear rumors that the game scales everything upward to accommodate super machines, so the faster you got, the better you get.

Good luck, I think you'll like the game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads