D&D 5E Gun Mages & Warjacks: Iron Kingdoms Coming to 5E

Privateer Press has announced that it's longstanding fantasy steampunk RPG and setting is coming to 5th Edition with Iron Kingdoms: Requiem.

Privateer Press has announced that it's longstanding fantasy steampunk RPG and setting is coming to 5th Edition with Iron Kingdoms: Requiem.

16x9IKRPGTrainCover.png

The Iron Kingdoms launched way back in 2001 with a trilogy of d20 System adventures for D&D 3E. Later came a campaign setting, monster book, miniatures game, and more. The RPG later evolved into a d6 system and the full Iron Kingdoms RPG.

This latest iteration, Iron Kingdoms: Requiem, is a new edition of the Iron Kingdoms RPG, powered by the 5E rules.

Delve into the award-winning world of the Iron Kingdoms with the latest edition of the Iron Kingdoms Role Playing Game from Privateer Press. Iron Kingdoms: Requiem combines this fantastic setting with the newest edition of the world’s most popular roleplaying game.

Your character can be a human, gobber, trollkin, Rhulic dwarf, ogrun, Iosan, or Nyss elf; and there are new classes such as gun mages, arcane mechanics, combat alchemists, and warcasters. Plus, of course, gets, spells, setting information, and a section on 'arcane technologies'.

It'll be coming to Kickstarter later this year.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Arrrrrrrgh!!!!! I totally get the reliance on Kickstarter. But man it plays havoc with my adult ADD. So I have to wait for the Kickstarter, then watch it unfold(which I will back) then wait for it to be produced and shipped.

I am running an Arkaidia campaign right now because once I heard about Theros, I got inspired and HAD to run a Greek campaign right away.

But this is so cool, can't wait.

imagineGod

Legend
I believe Privateer Press won critical acclaim for the first Iron Kingdoms RPG for 3rd Edition D&D.
The company then did something stupid and created a d6 version of the same game that nobody wanted.

Happy now to see a return to the roots of Iron Kingdoms in D&D. Can hardly wait for the Kickstarter. I got the art book already.

Voadam

Legend
Kickstarter?

I don’t even buy green bananas anymore.
I am that way on RPG books too now it has been a long time since I supported a kickstarter.

I'm exactly the opposite on bananas though. I go grocery shopping half as often since the lockdown so I try to get a set as green as I can to last until the next trip.

I really enjoyed the d20 Iron Kingdoms stuff and the flavor from the Warmachine books I picked up.

I am sure it will be a great 5e book in a couple of years. Great flavor and neat factions.

Great to see they'll be doing 5e material. Their 3e stuff was not the most balanced, they could have a much better grasp of the rules at the time (but that describes many products of the 3e d20 Era), but they were very creative and willing to try different things, which is exactly the spirit you don't see at the mothership these days, and must look for anywhere else. I hope they're very successful with that!

Remove ads

Remove ads