D&D 5E Gun Mages & Warjacks: Iron Kingdoms Coming to 5E

Privateer Press has announced that it's longstanding fantasy steampunk RPG and setting is coming to 5th Edition with Iron Kingdoms: Requiem.

Privateer Press has announced that it's longstanding fantasy steampunk RPG and setting is coming to 5th Edition with Iron Kingdoms: Requiem.

16x9IKRPGTrainCover.png

The Iron Kingdoms launched way back in 2001 with a trilogy of d20 System adventures for D&D 3E. Later came a campaign setting, monster book, miniatures game, and more. The RPG later evolved into a d6 system and the full Iron Kingdoms RPG.

This latest iteration, Iron Kingdoms: Requiem, is a new edition of the Iron Kingdoms RPG, powered by the 5E rules.

Delve into the award-winning world of the Iron Kingdoms with the latest edition of the Iron Kingdoms Role Playing Game from Privateer Press. Iron Kingdoms: Requiem combines this fantastic setting with the newest edition of the world’s most popular roleplaying game.

Your character can be a human, gobber, trollkin, Rhulic dwarf, ogrun, Iosan, or Nyss elf; and there are new classes such as gun mages, arcane mechanics, combat alchemists, and warcasters. Plus, of course, gets, spells, setting information, and a section on 'arcane technologies'.

It'll be coming to Kickstarter later this year.

lud

Explorer
From a game point of view, they should have used the Pathfinder 2 rules set, not D&D 5.

...but this is a much better financial decision for them.

Their RPG was in the top 5 of the ICV2 ranking years ago. But most people probably have never heard of it before this announcement.

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
Very much looking forward to it. My participation in a Kickstarter will depend 100% on what enticements are included. Otherwise, I’ll wait and pick it up after it drops. We played a very little Iron Kingdoms RPG and I collected the catalog, and the engaging setting just crushed the flimsy RPG mechanics. I thought of trying my hand at a conversion, but now I don’t have to. Thanks, Privateer Press. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a long line of 5e Iron Kingdoms books.

I am that way on RPG books too now it has been a long time since I supported a kickstarter.

EN Publishing has moved to a system where the book is fully laid out and ready to go, and then they just do the Kickstarter to see how many copies to print. It's less of a "give us a kick so we can start" and more "I'm literally holding a copy of the book in my hands, and it'll ship as soon as the KS project wraps up."

Weiley31

Legend
While Gun Mages would go great with Mercer's Gunslinger, and Mist of Akuma's College of The Gun Priest Bard, I'm burned out on 5E Kickstarters.

Moonfell, World of Alessia, Rise of the Drow, The Mythological Heroes and Figures, and the Divine Comedy Dante's 5E Inferno thing by Blind Mice are the last ones I'm backing/backed.

Last edited:

I'll be glad to get another take on guns in 5e. Hopefully, the balance is better than the original 3.0 and the crafting rules are less wonky.

We know with the boom of the 3rd Edition by 3PPs many of them have fallen in the way, but this franchise still is remembered. It's a good new to see the return.

But we know there is a serious challengue about the power balance with the firearms.

* Will we can see it translated into other languages?

Remove ads

Remove ads