GURPS Firefly: Sooners

MIB 1473

First Post
What do rich folks do when even a floating island on Bellerophon isn't exclusive or private enough? Terraform their own asteroid, of course. There's one being completed right now, and you've been tipped off that all that expensive equipment is hardly even guarded. This could be a *big* payday....

Six slots open.
1. Caffeinator
2. Dire Wolf
3. lericson
4. kericson20
5. scottmcdon

Alternate 1:
Alternate 2:

Characters!
* Captain D (Elizabeth Dziengielewski): The captain and principle owner of the Venice-class transport Nimbus, D is a people-oriented generalist. She makes it her business to be able to do anything that might be needed on the ship, and is a firm believer in staying prepared. She's prematurely gray, but wears her hair long.
* Kat (Kathryn Cho): Kat doesn't talk much about her background. She's excellent with a scoped rifle, but also deadly with her sword, and much stronger than she looks. Kat's also rare in being half Chinese.
* Red (Carolyn Bruxby): Brash, loud, and red-haired, Red never shies from a fight. She carries a pair of pistols and a battered Stetson that she swears is lucky.
* Rooster ( Wayne Roscoe Jackson, Jr.): The baseball cap, overalls, and flannel shirt belie Rooster's genius as a doctor. He's also a fine cook and handy with his shotgun.
* Squib (Keith Lawrence): A wunderkind from the inner planets, Squib decided he'd had enough school and decided to start his own business on Shadow. When that fell through -- he won't specify exactly what happened -- he found work on the Nimbus as her mechanic. He's a genius in the workshop, but has some work to do in connecting with people. Among his annoying habits is disassembling anything he can get his hand on in order to improve it.
* Su (Yao Su Ji): Apart from his infectious grin, Su looks like a strip club bouncer. His shipmates know that he's really a big cuddly Chinese teddy bear, albeit with an automatic shotgun.

Last edited:

chatterbox

First Post
I'm interested in this game, please sign me up. There's a slight chance I may drop if (and only if) a slot opens up in the Spirit of the Century game... But I'm expecting to rev up by re-watching some Firefly episodes over the upcoming weeks as well!

lericson

First Post
More players...

Sounds like fun, sign me up!

Plus, can I sign up my friend and wife as well? I'm not sure the etiquette here, but they don't frequent the forum and will be going with me to the Gameday. They are kericson20 and scottmcdon.

chatterbox

First Post
It is with sadness that I must withdraw from this game. I won't be able to make it to the DC Game Day after all. Ya'll have fun. Can't stop the signal!

MIB 1473

First Post
I've updated the even description with character bios. Don't feel as if you have to choose now, but having some sense which you might like to play could save us some time. Note also that there's one slot open, if anyone wants to reserve a seat at the table.

lericson

First Post
(I played Captain D)

Thanks for running the adventure. I had a great time. If you every type up your notes/material for running GURPS Firefly into a single document, let me know. I may want to run Firefly using GURPS in the future.

Remove ads