D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

Obryn

Hero
This is great!

I mean, I'm waiting in eager anticipation for a 4e HeroForge - but this looks like an excellent, simple way to put together character sheets.

-O

Belorin

Explorer
Great sheet! took a bit of exploring to find some stuff, but I did find it.
Just a couple of minor things, the number of healing surges is class plus con mod, not con, so the formula should be; =DATA!D34+Z33.
Also surge value is one quarter of max hit points so I input the formula =ROUNDDOWN(B52/4,0).
Keep up the good work!

Bel

Darkthorne

First Post
Weapon Damage Field

Halivar,
In you weapon damage field if you merge the 3 cell sections you can put in a single formula (this does not include something else I am seeing in error, but gets rid of the "None" choice in case the field is left blank)
=IF(BL63="","",CONCATENATE(INDEX(AtkPwrStats,MATCH(BL63,AtkPwrNames,0),7),"+",INDEX(AtkPwrStats,MATCH(BL63,AtkPwrNames,0),8)))

Also the error I am seeing is that the total bonus on the Charsheet1 does not include the proficiency as well

Halivar

First Post
mattdm said:
Are there any rules to support this? It seems like a lot of wasted space....
It was a section for speculation. I know the DMG has rules for a mount, but if it's not necessary I can take it out. Any suggestions on what to put in its place?

mattdm

First Post
Halivar said:
It was a section for speculation. I know the DMG has rules for a mount, but if it's not necessary I can take it out. Any suggestions on what to put in its place?

I really like the "triggers" idea someone had — a quick reference list of "remember that if this happens, you can do this".

VoidAdept

First Post
Great sheet, Halivar!

Shouldn't the max hp calculation be =DATA.B34+C33+(AH9-1)*DATA.C34 ? Otherwise, it adds an extra level's worth of hp.

Last edited:

Milo Taproot

First Post
My Version of the Charsheet

First, I must thank Halivar,without his sheet this heavily modified version would not exist! Also I need to thank Darkthorne ,his racemod example gave me an idea for how I wanted to handle things as well as provided me with a bit of raw data.

I knew to help my group out I wanted to use a excel based character sheet, one that did some auto calculation and auto filling. So I started some work it was functional but rough and not nice to look at. Then I saw Halivar's sheet, and I knew it would be a good template to build off of.

Over the next couple of days, this silly sheet has been taunting me. Each time I think I am done something else pops up. So now, while I still have several more features I would like to add, I need to stop and get the sheet out to my group. Figured this would be a perfect time to also share back to everyone here.

Notes:
  • In an attempt to keep things from accidentally being broken during normal use, I have hidden the data sheets, and protected cells that should auto fill/calculate.
  • The password = test , if you want to make changes or see how I did things. I just ask that If you find any major breaking bugs please reply and let me know.
  • And finally remember this is a work in progress. :)

Attachments

• D&D4e CharacterSheet_v1.8.xls.zip
    246.5 KB · Views: 174

Milo Taproot said:
First, I must thank Halivar,without his sheet this heavily modified version would not exist! Also I need to thank Darkthorne ,his racemod example gave me an idea for how I wanted to handle things as well as provided me with a bit of raw data.

I knew to help my group out I wanted to use a excel based character sheet, one that did some auto calculation and auto filling. So I started some work it was functional but rough and not nice to look at. Then I saw Halivar's sheet, and I knew it would be a good template to build off of.

Over the next couple of days, this silly sheet has been taunting me. Each time I think I am done something else pops up. So now, while I still have several more features I would like to add, I need to stop and get the sheet out to my group. Figured this would be a perfect time to also share back to everyone here.

Notes:
  • In an attempt to keep things from accidentally being broken during normal use, I have hidden the data sheets, and protected cells that should auto fill/calculate.
  • The password = test , if you want to make changes or see how I did things. I just ask that If you find any major breaking bugs please reply and let me know.
  • And finally remember this is a work in progress. :)

Noticed one thing already: if you're a ranger w/ 2-weapon style, you get toughness as a bonus feat, and it doesn't add in the additional 5 HP, and it can't be added manually either.

Remove ads