Hamilton on Disney +

Yup, pretty delightful. I've heard the cast recording a dozen times, but seeing the scenes made some things land a lot more strongly.

Still a bit sad the tickets I bought to see the show this past April were for naught, but this was good. And I hope the current cast and crew are making ends meet while the theater industry is basically all furloughed.

I saw that cast (except for Burr, that night was the understudy) in NYC during the initial run. It was one of the best if not the best Broadway show I have seen.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Yup, pretty delightful. I've heard the cast recording a dozen times, but seeing the scenes made some things land a lot more strongly.

Still a bit sad the tickets I bought to see the show this past April were for naught, but this was good. And I hope the current cast and crew are making ends meet while the theater industry is basically all furloughed.

ugh , hopefully you got your 💰 back at least. I’ve heard the recording as well many times, agree on seeing it. I don’t imagine they were inexpensive...

I wasn’t aware that the King George numbers had a touch of comic relief to them on stage, his first song is menacing.

Burr, Angelica, Eliza (wow🤩), GW, pretty much everyone. The Philip parts really landed as opposed to just hearing it.

‘great unfinished symphony’ 😢 really stuck out to me as well at the end.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I saw the show when the touring company came to Boston, and have heard the soundtrack umpteen times. It was cool to do a watch party of it last night (online, bvecause hey, it is a streaming service), with one person who had zero exposure to the show before, and geting their impressions was cool.

A couple of the ahistorical bits bugged me more than on the first viewing, but that doesn't mean it isn't a top notch show.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's great to finally be able to see this. I've been listening to the soundtrack for a while now, but seeing the actual production with its incredibly talented cast was a whole new experience!

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
A couple of the ahistorical bits bugged me more than on the first viewing, but that doesn't mean it isn't a top notch show.

I had read a little bit about that, but it didn’t really bother me as it’s a musical and I assumed certain dramatic licenses were taken.

That being said, as a 🇨🇦 I’ve never been terribly interested in 🇺🇸 history and the show definitely made me interested in learning more about it!

Remove ads