• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy 111st Birthday, Mr. Tolkien!

Ranger REG

Explorer
On this day, January 3, 2003, the late John Ronald Reuel Tolkien would have been Eleventy-One years old, by Hobbit's account. Let's raise our pint to the man who at first wanted to create an Anglo-Saxon mythology for England, but suddenly became the grandfather of modern fantasy literature, and his work inspired Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson to give birth the very first role playing game, Dungeons & Dragon.

How appropriate that one this year ... later this year, we will see a new revision of Dungeons & Dragons and the Third and Final Act of his Trilogy on the big screen. Of course, it and the previous two films will forever be memorialized on DVDs. :cool:

"The road goes ever on and on..."

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
b. January 3, 1892
d. September 2, 1973

Last edited:

mooby

First Post
I was born one day too early! It'd be really kewl to share a b-day with this great writer.

**Raises pint**

Chauzu

First Post
Artists die, but their art lives forever, and Tolkien's work is a masterful art! Cheers for him and his work!

Deedlit

First Post
I would like to say diola lle, not only for the great work of fantasy that you created(Though I still am mad about that whole elf fading idea, did you smoke too much of the hobbit-weed when you came up with that?), but also for the wonderful elven language you got off the ground, and the fact that without LotR, Lodoss would probably never have been. May your spirit be well, in the halls of Valinor.(Or thereabouts.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads