Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Pop Tarts with vanilla icecream is good. I warmed the Pop Tarts in the microwave. I should have used the toaster. Probably would have been better. It was like strawberry pie ala mode.

Did you try the Sundae Flavor? Seems like a natural with ice cream. I'm kinda picky with Poptarts. Brown sugar, Cherry and Frosted Strawberry only for me.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I learned to play as a kid in Germany. Primarily a fullback and goalie.

The last time I played was in college intermurals. I helped my all-freshman team almost make school history when we scared The Internationals twice in one season- they hadn’t lost a game in 11 years, with an average margin of victory in that period of over 2 points. We played them tough, losing first in the regular season (1-0) and the second time in the championship game in a PK shootout. I played left or center FB.

Possibly my best (and worst) on-field performance, though, came when I was the goalie on a VERY bad team of theater, choir, band and gaming nerds playing a team loaded with jocks. In the entire game, we never advanced the ball more than a few feet past midfield. I stopped 45 of 46 shots on goal. The one that got past me was a weak dribbling pass to nobody with a minute left. I was going to just stop and hold it, but as I ran to it, I saw our right wing running full speed and uncovered upfield, so I decided to hammer it to him...

...only to have the turf under my plant foot give way, causing me to backflip as the ball passed under me untouched. I recovered quickly and tried to chase down the slow-roller, but it crossed the goal line while I was still a couple yards away,

Never have I felt more like Charlie Brown,

Last edited:

Started at age 8. Played every year from 2nd grade to senior. Played as a class twice in college- (indoor and regular) then two years in men's league after college. Mix in a lot of indoor and messing around with friends. In that 10 years in school Arlington won at least 5 State Championships.... maybe more.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Kelsey Grammar has been filming a movie in my county. While not his biggest fan I'd like to catch a glimpse of a celebrity. The movie is a indie flick about soccer. He's a former soccer star managing a team with his sons as players. At some point one son is cut and joins a rival team to take on his father and brother.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I went out a little after midnight and it was clear. Less than two hours later the fog was so heavy. I had to slow to a crawl just to see my driveway.

Attachments

• 20201005_020505.jpg
    20201005_020505.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84

Remove ads