Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I tried baking oatmeal raisin cookies. This is what I got.

20210419_032651.jpg

I didn't follow the recipe exactly. For one, I mixed the flour and sugar, not the sugar and butter. I couldn't get the oats and dried fruit to mix with the dough correctly. I figure it's because I messed up the dough. I used raisins, cranberries, and cherries. I had a dried fruit mix I wanted to use in cookies. This pan looks better than the other pan. I ate one to try. It tastes good but I think it could have been better.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I tried baking oatmeal raisin cookies. This is what I got.

View attachment 135778
I didn't follow the recipe exactly. For one, I mixed the flour and sugar, not the sugar and butter. I couldn't get the oats and dried fruit to mix with the dough correctly. I figure it's because I messed up the dough. I used raisins, cranberries, and cherries. I had a dried fruit mix I wanted to use in cookies. This pan looks better than the other pan. I ate one to try. It tastes good but I think it could have been better.
Looks like you may have crowded them a bit. Still, they look decent.

You might also try cutting them into rectangles or squares- they look like they’d have the firmness to retain that kind of shape. Actually...if that works...

Squares or rectangles with a little less batter would make for a thinner, crispier finished product, which you could then stack in layers with your favorite fruit preserves. That could kick serious ass!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They're crowded because I tried making them bigger to get more of the oats in them. It didn't mix well. The recipe says it makes 24. I ended up with 15. The other pan has bigger more smooshed cookies. One other thing I did was use maple flavored syrup instead of honey. Next time I try this I'll follow the instructions better. I think I might do 2 tsps of cinnamon instead of 1. Baking has never been my strength. Have to follow to recipe or it goes to hell.

I like your idea. Another option for those not a fan of fruit preserves. Icecream. Serve warm in a bowl with icecream on top.

If I make them too crispy, they may be too hard for my mom to eat. She's missing her bottom dentures. She can't eat hard stuff.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They're crowded because I tried making them bigger to get more of the oats in them. It didn't mix well. The recipe says it makes 24. I ended up with 15. The other pan has bigger more smooshed cookies. One other thing I did was use maple flavored syrup instead of honey. Next time I try this I'll follow the instructions better. I think I might do 2 tsps of cinnamon instead of 1. Baking has never been my strength. Have to follow to recipe or it goes to hell.

I like your idea. Another option for those not a fan of fruit preserves. Icecream. Serve warm in a bowl with icecream on top.

If I make them too crispy, they may be too hard for my mom to eat. She's missing her bottom dentures. She can't eat hard stuff.
...or crumbled on top of your scoops. I’ve done that before- it's a winner.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I didn't think about it until my mom mentioned granola. I asked her to pick up some yogurt to eat with the cookies. She brought up having granola at home. I said the cookies might be more like granola than cookies.

Remove ads