Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
That's a ringing endorsement. I'm gonna have to check it out. I think I had heard of it in the past. The images look familiar. Unfortunately it's been in the news for stupidity stupid reasons. Fortunately that it's been in the news brought it back into my awareness. Maybe more people will read it now.
I had to look up why it's in the news. And then I promptly wished I could unlook it up.
Sometimes I just can't believe that I actually live in this timeline.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Can I ask parents; would you allow your 12-14 year old to read it? I would suspect if I had kids they would have seen worse by that age. Would it be a topic you feel the need to discuss with them? If I were aware of my kid reading it, I think I would make myself available if they had questions.

I remember when I was a kid my dad watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I watched with him and it gave me nightmares. My mom wouldn't let me watch it anymore. I think I would see how it impacts them then react accordingly. That's me as a nonparent. If I were a parent, maybe I would think differently?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wordle 224 5/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Tell me, that's not frustrating.

Here's mine:
Wordle 224 4/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I looked at line 2. I was like "I can think of 2 options for this." Of course I guess the wrong one. Funny thing is... I can't even guess what you would have picked for lines 1-3. I feel like your line 4 and 5 was my line 3 and 4.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Read it a long time ago - it's considered one of the best graphic novels ever written, the only one to ever win a Pulitzer.

Just so you know, it is some heavy <bleep>ing stuff...

But it's one of those things that should be read by everyone at some point.
Huh, I've seen it but sorta dismissed it. Guessed I was like "That's too weird and I'm not into graphic novels/comics enough to give it a chance". Ironically though, it being banned has given it enough attention that now I'm considering checking it out. Hah.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Ironically though, it being banned has given it enough attention that now I'm considering checking it out. Hah.

As far as I'm concerned, a book being in any way censored is sufficient justification to go see what the fuss is all about.

If for no other reason than to see just how idiotic and ridiculous the reason for censoring it was.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Can I ask parents; would you allow your 12-14 year old to read it? I would suspect if I had kids they would have seen worse by that age. Would it be a topic you feel the need to discuss with them? If I were aware of my kid reading it, I think I would make myself available if they had questions.

I remember when I was a kid my dad watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I watched with him and it gave me nightmares. My mom wouldn't let me watch it anymore. I think I would see how it impacts them then react accordingly. That's me as a nonparent. If I were a parent, maybe I would think differently?
Not a parent. But I say it depends on the kid.

an art sample from Maus. Clean enough to post but gives you idea of art and mood

1643515294496.png

Remove ads