Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The Secretary of State for my state is the now infamous Brad Raffensperger. For YEARS I thought it was Raffensberger. I pronounced it with a B all this time. It took a podcast last night to point it out.

I'm sure there are other names I've mispronouced over the years. How about y'all?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm sure there are other names I've mispronouced over the years. How about y'all?

This one was always weird for me. Saoirse. And then I played a game with a character with this name: Niamh. I apparently pronounced that character's name WAY wrong the entire time. Apparently the "mh" is supposed to make a "v" sound. Sometimes, things really need a pronunciation guide.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
One thing about my job, I see A LOT of wildlife. Mostly deer and rabbits. Recently, I saw a wild turkey. Also, a possum with a smaller possum on its back. I know they're marsupials and can carry young in their pouch. This is the first time with one on its back.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
One thing about my job, I see A LOT of wildlife. Mostly deer and rabbits. Recently, I saw a wild turkey. Also, a possum with a smaller possum on its back. I know they're marsupials and can carry young in their pouch. This is the first time with one on its back.
Maybe it was a possum wearing a possum-shaped backpack?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I still can't figure out if "Drow" is supposed to rhyme with bow, or with sow.
Yeah, our group had a discussion about that. I was like, the official people call it drow as in cow, but one of the other people was like, based on etymology and language (not that he's really into all that, just someone else's discussion somewhere from google search), it should be pronounced drow as in stow. So of course he went with the information that backed up his pronunciation and continued to pronounce it that way.

Remove ads