Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

Adventurer
Love you, Mega!

I started a paper route tonight. The woman training me is cool. Had me laughing the whole time. She loves baseball, beer, the out doors, and alt rock. Things you don't always find in many black women in my experience.

Dannyalcatraz

Staff member
Your mileage may vary. :p

I thought of you when she spoke. She was a military brat. She spent a lot of time in England.

There was a black woman I used to run into all the time in Austin at one particular bar. We kept showing up at the same hard rock & metal shows as (usually) the only two blacks in the audience. We never met or spoke, but we always gave a friendly nod across the room when we spotted each other.

Aeson

Adventurer

There was a black woman I used to run into all the time in Austin at one particular bar. We kept showing up at the same hard rock & metal shows as (usually) the only two blacks in the audience. We never met or spoke, but we always gave a friendly nod across the room when we spotted each other.
You may be supporting my comment. ;)

I found out last night she was been to DragonCon and cosplays. I could be falling in love.lol

Aeson

Adventurer
On NPR yesterday I heard a piece of a conversation about bugs as food, I think. I didn't hear much. The part I found interesting was at one time lobster was not seen as something worth eating. It was fed to slaves. Actually at one point there was a revolt because they had to eat lobster more than 3 times a week.

Aeson

Adventurer
I just heard a mockingbird go from sounding like a bird to a frog to a cell phone. It was the croaking sound that got me.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Dad called me over to his house to help fix something. Wouldn't say what it was on the phone. I get there, and there's a hole in the wall. He was trying to hammer in a nail for a painting, but the hammer went right through.

Over here the walls are usually pretty damn solid (my previous home I spent an hour trying to drill a hole for a mirror, broke two drill heads), so that's not normal.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm melting. It's 35 celsius here. Those are southern Italy numbers, my goodness. Wish I was in southern Italy, I could at least be melting on a proper beach.

Advertisement