Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
In many ways, earlier this week was the end of one year of utter chaos.

I do not know if I the next year will be like the last; I hope it will not. I just wish that it didn't seem like I was fated to be miserable.

Yeah, I hate the holidays.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
first, let me say thank you for not spoiling Star Wars. I DO plan on seeing it, just not yet.

Second, I want it understood, I do not endorse islam, as I am a christian. I am just not going to force my personal beliefs here in this forum, or on en world.

Yeah, these are kind of the reasons why I tried to keep my statements sort of brief rather than going into detail. There's already long detailed threads on these subjects so I figured I don't need to go into long details here. One statements was just sort of the typical Hiver daily update and the other was the typical Hiver stating of frustrating at x subject. :)

And I understood you weren't trying to impress your beliefs on other people. I know I sometimes have to try hard to avoid impressing my beliefs on people because sometimes those are just the first thoughts in my head regarding a subject. I wasn't trying to impress my beliefs either; I just thought it was weird how the discussion turned into something that to me wasn't even related at all. And of course your later comment made me curious. :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Venting: the main reason Christmas dinner wasn't a disaster is that most of the people who were supposedly coming, didn't.

Normally, the no-shows would have me cheesed off. However, it was a small gathering, and the absentees alleviated the problem generated by one no-show in particular. My maternal aunt- who said she was bringing ham & stuffing- didn't show. Nor, of course, did the food she'd promised. At one point, I even called her and she said she was coming with the food "in about an hour".

Now, the only reason I am not completely pissed with her is that on the 24th, she DID pick up & deliver the fried turkey that became the heart of the meal.

I made a killer potato salad, though, and a creamy mixed veg dish.

Remove ads