Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

Adventurer
This got a little scary. We're expecting to get something that gives us permission to be on the roads. I'm picturing East German checkpoints "Papers, please." Never in a million years did I see this in this country.

megamania

Community Supporter
sigh....furnace is breaking. Uncertain if the repairman will come since its still running but only at 70% power.

TV is turned off.....can't pay them.

Aeson

Adventurer
I didn't think a paperboy would be critical, but I'm thankful I am. It means I get to keep working as long as I don't get sick.

Monday and Tuesday Bailey and Southside talked to a woman with COVID-19. She talks about being isolated in her own home from her wife and two children. It's around the 2 hour mark on the podcast. If you're interested in listening. It's actually pretty good in my opinion. Listening to her while she struggles to breathe and coughing is kind of heartbreaking.

Aeson

Adventurer
i found out this morning the meeting scheduled for Thursday night is to tell us the paper is going from 7 days a week to 5 days a week. I actually deliver two papers. The other one is already 3 days a week. If the new schedule is not on the same nights I'll have to work one night when others will not. My guess is they'll drop the Monday paper and combine Sat/Sun into a Saturday paper like the other one I deliver. So soon I'll go from 7 to 5 nights a week. It means less pay, but on the other hand, I'll save money and time. Not having a day off has been getting to me. Maybe this will help.

Aeson

Adventurer
Are other countries providing some kind of financial assistance like the US to their citizens? I heard them talking on BBC radio about the stimulus package here but didn't hear anything about one in the UK. Had it not reached that point there?

Advertisement