Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
See, things like this are why I never get anywhere playing video games... In my Oblivion game, I just spent half an hour putting green hats on everyone in the castle, lol... :cool:

plagueofhats.jpgplagueofhats2.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Every time I kill somebody in Oblivion, I strip them down to their underwear and then either pose them somehow or just stick them in a fire, lol. I used to spend hours on GTA: San Andreas stacking up dozens of cars in the middle of a busy intersection and then blowing them up... :cool:

Paradoxically, I am both easily bored and easily amused... ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
This is a shout out to [MENTION=19675]Dannyalcatraz[/MENTION]; regarding food.

Subject: Chicken soup

Have you ever added balsamic vinager to chicken soup and how did it taste?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have not.

Balsamic- at least the standard dark kind (I haven't tried white balsamic)- has a slightly sweet taste. Having accidentally made a chicken soup with sweet onions instead of the normal kind, I can say that sweetness in chicken soup is best kept to a minimum. Usually, the carrots are sufficient.

A little lemon juice or citric acid, OTOH, is a winner. Gets you into the Greek/Tex-Mex flavorhood.

A little lime, mint or basil gets you into chicken pho territory, which is also good.

If you have ever tried grapefruit, and found it disgusting, next time cut it in half and put sugar liberally on both flat sides; then, eat it out with a spoon. This may or may not render it palatable, however; depending on personal taste.

Under almost no circumstances add bacon.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I can't stand grapefruit, except for one deep (blood?) red varietal, and as Fresca. Not all that impressed by pomelos, either.

The rest of the citrus family, though? YUM!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Damn it, had to man the guillotine tonight: cleaned out our 2nd freezer. Too much- almost HALF- of its space was taken up by cooked & uncooked food 14-19 months old. All of it was carefully wrapped and labeled with dates.

This was our worst freezer cleaning since...well...since the time I first did it after taking over the kitchen from my Mom 10+ years ago. Back then we found stuff 2+ years old, which prompted us to get serious about labeling stuff we stored.

I'm disappointed in us. We'd done so well for so long.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases