Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My sister's niece has a baby. She asks my sister to babysit said baby. Niece and baby live 100 miles away from my sister. Guess who drives that 100 miles only to drive back 100 miles home to babysit for the weekend. If you guessed me, you'd be wrong. I ain't that dumb. If you're providing free babysitting for a whole weekend, how far are you willing to drive? If it takes me more than 30 minutes round trip, you can forget it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Over the past week, I’ve gotten news that one of my cousins is getting a separation from her husband, a lifetime friend may be going down the same path.

In addition, another cousin has a stepdaughter who is causing a LOT of friction with his brothers and mother, exacerbated by his wife’s coddling of her daughter.

Just not a good week.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Separation doesn't always lead to divorce. They could get back together. If divorce happens it may be a good thing for all involved.

Got nothing for the spoiled brat except a whoopin.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A challenge for the hive. Try to work this statement in to a conversation and report the reaction to us.

In my defense, I thought the walrus would be much more accommodating.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Separation doesn't always lead to divorce. They could get back together. If divorce happens it may be a good thing for all involved.

Got nothing for the spoiled brat except a whoopin.
The separation SHOULD lead to divorce if half of what has been told to me was true. I can’t get into details, but he did something to her that could have cost her her job and government security clearance, and is a big red flag for her future personal safety around him. Like...true crime show level stuff.

The brat may be acting out due to a possible molestation. But the her parents haven’t- AFAIK- gotten her any therapy and don’t back other adults who try to correct her behavior. Even my cousin (her stepdad) isn’t free to discipline her properly.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A challenge for the hive. Try to work this statement in to a conversation and report the reaction to us.

In my defense, I thought the walrus would be much more accommodating.

In other times, I might have been a contender. But current situations mean I’m naught but a pretender for this one.

Remove ads