Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Rolled a perfect 756,000. Lol It's all d6s. Someone must REALLY like West End Games.
Oh and it happened near me. I didn't hear about this. I need to go see if they missed any.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
"if there’s one mystical energy that powers the galaxy, it’s not the Force. It’s pure, unadulterated irony"

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Mr. Bones the B1 battle droid is the funniest character in the Aftermath books. Also, hes a bad ass in battle.

Sinjir Rath Velus is pretty snarky and catty. He might be the first gay character I'm aware of in Star Wars. He's not the only one in the books either.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Am thinking about switching our game to 5th edition. The more I go through the rules, the more convinced I am that it is the ultimate D&D.
So, more on this. All the other characters would be easy to convert from 3.5 to 5e, but one of them is a Half-Giant Psychic Warrior... Now half giant could be built with modifying the goliath race, I think, but what am I to do with the class... Maybe rename Eldritch Knight? Use the magic points variant from dmg?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Side note, here’s a quote from a Monty Python Episode:
It was a day like any other and Mr and Mrs Samuel Brainsample were a perfectly ordinary couple, leading perfectly ordinary lives - the sort of people to whom nothing extraordinary ever happened, and not the kind of people to be the centre of one of the most astounding incidents in the history of mankind ... So let's forget about them and follow instead the destiny of this man ... (camera pans off them; they both look disappointed; camera picks up instead a smart little business man, in bowler, briefcase and pinstripes) ... Harold Potter, gardener, and tax official, first victim of Creatures from another Planet.

It seems that young Harry Potter grew up and is hiding in plain sight as a muggle.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
So, more on this. All the other characters would be easy to convert from 3.5 to 5e, but one of them is a Half-Giant Psychic Warrior... Now half giant could be built with modifying the goliath race, I think, but what am I to do with the class... Maybe rename Eldritch Knight? Use the magic points variant from dmg?
I'm starting to thing I'm on ignore, so maybe someone can ask this question for me.

Is the class set in stone?

Do a little DM hand waving. They step through a portal to a world just like the current one. Some things changed. Instead of psychic powers he has this new mystical power.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Is the setting on Athas? Or is this a solo character? If the latter, there’s nothing wrong with making the character unique, like Murlynd.

In that case, per Aeson’s suggestion, the character is still a Psychic Warrior, and his powers work like nobody else’s. The “only” thing you need to do is make sure you work to make sure the character’s powers work similarly enough that they aren’t over- or underpowered,

Remove ads