Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well the character is already quite unique. The psychic power is extremely rare in my game. But it is a different form of magic nonetheless, so just rebranding spellcaster would be the easy solution. Eldritch Knight is a base choice in 5e, a fighter that gets some offensive and defensive spells. Then, as I said, dmg presents a spell point variant, which would make casting more similar to how psionics works in 3.5... But hey, I’m just using you guys as a sounding board, writing my musings up somewhere 😂

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Discussing this with the player, she decided she wants to go with the simple solution and just make it straight up renamed Eldritch Knight. I’m going to switch the spell casting ability to wis and give her a bit more choices on spells than just abjuration and evocation. Just some stuff that feels similar to psi-warrior powers.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Last night I had someone say he worked a real job, as opposed to my not real job. I'm not sure what it is he does. I know it requires him to wear a highlighter yellow shirt and to get slightly dirty.

I wear whatever I want and get news print on my hands. I think I win that one.

All I could think was; all the miners, loggers, roughnecks, underwater welders, SEALS, New Delhi sewer workers throughout history are laughing at him right now.

If you're wondering about the sewer worker part, see if you can find the story from the BBC. Those dudes win the prize.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have a white collar life and soft, womanly hands, but I have nothing but respect for the guys and gals doing blue collar work. You can’t build a pyramid without a solid base. I can’t do what I’m trained to do without thousands of people keeping the lights on, keeping the streets clean and in good repair, and all that good stuff.

The man who bought my Dad a Rolex as a med school graduation gift had a 3rd grade education and owned one of the biggest scrapyards in New Orleans.

Up until my Grandfather’s generation, most of my Dad’s family were farmers. On my Mom’s side, various tailors and modistses, butchers cooks, etc.

Last night I had someone say he worked a real job, as opposed to my not real job.
my friend's ex-wife's dad was like commenting that what my friend did wasn't a real job. For the record my friend has a job that has him dealing with folks who are disabled,so while it's not physically draining it is mentally and emotionally.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I didn't mean to imply I don't have respect for blue collar workers. That was my dad. It would mean I didn't respect him. I did and I do. I was just annoyed by the guy's comment. I do what I'm able to do. Being a paperboy is what I'm able to do right now. I understand we need people that can do the things they do.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
May I suggest avoiding opening weekend for Joker? Especially in Texas. Threats of shootings are being investigated. The army is warning soldiers. Law enforcement in Texas will be on alert.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not speaking to the merits/quality of the film or the crazy stuff currently swirling around it, I have to say, it doesn’t seem to me to be a movie that needed making.

Remove ads