Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
This is weird. The Arrowverse cross over Crisis on Infinite Earths will start on Dec 8 with Supergirl then the 9th with Batwoman 10th with The Flash. Take a break, come back Jan 14 on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. The weird part is that it finishes after the winter break. Why must they drag this out?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In part, it helps them analyze how the various shows are doing- how well do they pull viewers independently and in concert. That helps them decide renew/cancel and show scheduling.

A big part of that would be considering what they’re curre scheduled against. Counter programmed against weak shows, their shows look stronger, and thus better to advertisers. Program against a heavy hitter, and your show could look so weak that the advertisers flee and kill the show.

Personally? in all my TV watching history, there have been precious few crossover events I enjoyed, and I haven’t bothered with any of CW’s. The Flash is the only one of the DC shows I’ve seen more than 2 episodes of, for a variety of reasons.

(None of which have anything to do with my perception of the shows’ quality.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As I type this, I’m at IHOP In Irving, TX, eating breakfast while waiting for my Dad’s minor medical procedure to finish. I have NEVER seen a more “international” crowd in one of these in my life.

When we moved here in the early 1980s, Irving was the most segregated city in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. There was even a KKK membership rally half a block from my Dad’s medical practice in 1983 or so.

Today? Besides the usual caucasians and hispanics (and me), there’s 3 large tables with Japanese, Indian and Korean families having traditional American breakfasts.

Kinda refreshing.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The lone black man?

In 83 I was in the 3rd grade. If you looked at my class picture there would be one black kid. The rest would be white. If you look at the class picture at the same school today, it would be mostly brown and black. The suburbs have changed so much in the years since.

The last time I was at IHOP (last week) my friend was the only non white customer I saw. Some staff were latino. Waffle House had more parity. Two black staff and one customer. Three white customers. Male to female ratio was also equal.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yep, The Lone Brownman is something I’m used to being. I was the first black guy to graduate from my HS...and the next to do so fake a full decade later.

My college had a total enrollment of 4500 people, graduate and undergraduate. There were 20 black students- security memorized who we were.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was pulled over by the police, again. He claimed to have pulled me over because I crossed the line into a center turning lane, slightly. Slightly was his word. I didn't get a ticket. When I talked to my friend she said the same officer pulled over several carriers tonight. I believe that is called harrassment. I should have asked for his name and badge number.

I thought he was following me. He stopped in the same turning lane, and waited for me to pass, then fell in behind me for maybe 3/4 mile. I turned into a gas station to see if he was following me. Sure nuff, he turned, and hit the lights.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My manager is the one that told me he pulled over other drivers. I'm going to talk to her boss about it tonight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases