Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I’m putting a lot of hope on her running the government. And saying that is the extent of our politics I’m going to go here.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm curious. When you* vote, do you vote for the person or the party? It seems to me from what I've heard about the parliamentary elections it's more about the party than the individual running.

*A universal you, not necessarily you specifically.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm not asking for opinion. I'm asking how the system works. For educational purposes only.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The finnish process works rather curiously. We vote for the party by voting people in the party. They count how many votes each party got and assign the parliament seats. Now then, within a party their seats go to those who got most votes. It gets a little confusing as different areas of the country are counted separately. Difficult to explain.

Yeah, I don’t think talking about the processes behind politics counts as talking politics. It can easily devolve into politics but I’ll keep my nose away from there.

Last edited:

The finnish process works rather curiously. We vote for the party by voting people in the party. They count how many votes each party got and assign the parliament seats. Now then, within a party their seats go to those who got most votes. It gets a little confusing as different areas of the country are counted separately. Difficult to explain.

Yeah, I don’t think talking about the processes behind politics counts as talking politics. It can easily devolve into politics but I’ll keep my nose away from there.
I guess having a chart helps to keep track of things.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
So the party gets X number of seats for Y number of votes. Then the party chooses who fill the seats, then they choose who leads the party?

Remove ads