Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So... After about half a year of being basically bedridden, my father passed away on friday. I don’t know, I’m saddened yes, but more than that, I am actually reliefed. He was in so much pain and torment these last months that I think it was a release for him. And his condition brought so much stress on my mother that I am reliefed for her also... I feel kind of bad that I don’t grief more than I do, but I did the crying back when he was hospitalised and it became clear he wouldn’t have much time left.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I understand the feeling. I was in the same place. Everyone grieves in their own way. There is no right way. Don't let yourself or anyone make you feel guilty. Remember the stages of grief. You can hit the stages at different times and more than once. You can even feel acceptance early then go through the other stages after before coming back to acceptance again.

We're here for you any time you need us.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So... After about half a year of being basically bedridden, my father passed away on friday. I don’t know, I’m saddened yes, but more than that, I am actually reliefed. He was in so much pain and torment these last months that I think it was a release for him. And his condition brought so much stress on my mother that I am reliefed for her also... I feel kind of bad that I don’t grief more than I do, but I did the crying back when he was hospitalised and it became clear he wouldn’t have much time left.
My sympathies.

We went through something like that with my paternal grandparents. Their final years were a misery of ailments, decline and dementia. By the time each had passed, we had already done most of our grieving. We were actually more relieved that each one’s suffering was over than upset that each had passed.

I had a similar experience with my father. He was on Morphine for the last several weeks. He was not the man I knew. People at work thought I was cold & heartless because when I got the call he passed away at 1am I didn't tear up and insist on going home. I had already grieved. The healing began at 1:01 am.

Decent
1575986208199.png

Remove ads