Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Okay, roll20. Couldn’t get the voice chat to work, but after an hour of trying we switched to discord for the chat. Otherwise it worked nicely. Rolling dice worked as expected, having easy access to the details of character abilities is very good, and uploading images to use as handout is easy even in midgame.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Okay, roll20. Couldn’t get the voice chat to work, but after an hour of trying we switched to discord for the chat. Otherwise it worked nicely. Rolling dice worked as expected, having easy access to the details of character abilities is very good, and uploading images to use as handout is easy even in midgame.
Huh, we used Discord. Didn't even know roll20 HAD a voice chat. I guess it makes sense, our group just never used it.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Here's a question: if you were DMing an Adventure Path and you saw something like this, would you think it's stupid or think it's kind of neat:
Iron Golem
Note: The golem also has a musket that it can utilize, which it does so if no one is within reach. The same magic animating the golem enchants the musket with unlimited ammunition. The gun has no chance of misfiring.
+13/+8/+3/-2 ranged touch (2d8+10/x4)
Feats: Deadly Aim
Basically, typical Iron Golem as base stats, but a little different from normal. Or:
Elder Fire Elemental
Note: This elemental is healed by negative energy and injured by positive energy (as if it were undead). In addition, it half the burn damage listed is negative energy rather than fire. When it dies, it releases the negative energy in a blast of power, dealing 7d6 negative energy damage in a 30ft radius (Will save DC 22 for half).
I've noticed that I've been doing this more recently, adding slight changes rather than feeling the need to create brand new creatures. And yes, there are reasons for this, neither variant is arbitrary. Now, if stats change or if I was doing something grander, of course I would just stat up the creature, but as you can see, neither option drastically changes the creature enough to completely rewrite the statblock.

Blackrat

That’s pretty much what I do for monsters. Tweak them a little. Not enough to warrant their own stat blocks, but give them something to differentiate from the baseline.

I downloading a few days ago. I'm installing now. Borderlands 2 is available for free now.
Now that i've been playing it for awhile to understand the changes between civ 5 and civ 6 I'm ready to try it on a RNG map on deity level difficulty. I may also put down the money to get it on steam along with the dlc.

Blackrat

Huh, we used Discord. Didn't even know roll20 HAD a voice chat. I guess it makes sense, our group just never used it.
Yeah, apparently when it works, it works really well, but I couldn’t get it to work. Main issue was my computer, that couldn’t grasp the idea that headphones could be a speaker and a microphone simultaneus...

Setting up discord channel is so easy though, that we got everyone in it in five minutes, and I could use it with my phone, that understood that headphone mic is an actual thing...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases