Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
I once had a turkey try to FLY across the road right in front of me... :rolleyes:

The stupid bird came right in my driver's side window and hit me in the face.
I still have no idea how I managed to not run off the road - I had to slam it's head against the dashboard a few times before I could finally manage to wrestle it back out the window...

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
You ran afoul of a foul fowl?

Netflix has a new movie called The Old Guard. They're a group of immortal warriors lead by Charlize Theron. It's not bad. It's based on a graphic novel. I'd rather it be based on The Highlander. I enjoyed the movies and series. I'd like to see a return of that world.

Ulfgeir

Hero
For the first time in its 34 years, DragonCon is cancelled. They're going to do a free online "best of" with some new original stuff.

All the major cons here Sweden has also been cancelled. Gothcon had earlier a longer consecutive streak than Gencon If I understood it correctly.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Are smaller local governments fighting larger governments over COVID-19 in other countries like they are here? We have mayors fighting governors, governors fighting the president. I know party vs party is not unique to The US. At least our politicians don't get in slap fights or throw furniture like I've heard happening in other countries in the past.

My state is going to pass 3000 total deaths probably today. Things looked like they were improving until about 2 weeks ago. Now it's all on the rise again. In some places hospitals are bursting.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Netflix has a new movie called The Old Guard. They're a group of immortal warriors lead by Charlize Theron. It's not bad. It's based on a graphic novel. I'd rather it be based on The Highlander. I enjoyed the movies and series. I'd like to see a return of that world.
Dude, I just watched that like yesterday. They went into the first area and they all had swords/axes. I was wondering if this was some lowkey Higherlander movie. It turned out not to be, which I guess was a little disappointing. Not a bad movie though.

I thought I read that there was going to be a reboot of the Highlander franchise, either in movie or tv form, but it's probably one of those things where it was talked about and then never happened. Like I think there was supposed to be a Xena reboot that apparently died. Thought I read something of a Buffy the Vampire series reboot, but haven't seen anything about that. Lots of supposed reboots, but seems like most go nowhere. Though a surprising number randomly appear. Just read the other day that the Wonder Years is going to be rebooted. I'm sorry, but without Winnie, I don't know how this show could ever be successful.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Yeah but this time with a black family. You'll get a black Winnie Cooper. 😝

I've heard the same on all of those except Xena.

When I saw the blades I thought the same thing. It did have a little Highlander feel with the flashbacks, but it needed the romance flare Highlander had.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah but this time with a black family. You'll get a black Winnie Cooper. 😝

I've heard the same on all of those except Xena.

When I saw the blades I thought the same thing. It did have a little Highlander feel with the flashbacks, but it needed the romance flare Highlander had.
Yeah, but I'm older now, so even if it has its own version of Winnie, it just won't be the same. Although to be fair, I'm unlikely to watch it regardless of how the show turns out. But, I also know I'm not the target audience of the show, cause if I was, they'd all be elves going to military school and occasionally having battles against orcs. Either fantasy or scifi (Tao and Orks?).

I had the feeling that Andy had been around long enough that the romance in her had died. Like, she has loved and lost and no longer wants to love again, which kinda brings us to why the events happened as they happened.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I like your version of The Wonder Years. Danica Mckellar could so play an elf.

So, do you think there are plans for an Old Guard sequel? Did they leave it open enough?

Remove ads