Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I've heard this argument; A finite crime doesn't deserve an infinite punishment.

I started thinking about a god that punishes someone based on the level of suffering they caused. Like, you kill someone, you're punished for the length of the life time he/she may have had. You rape someone, you're punished for the lifetime of that person.

I'm still working on this idea. I'm not sure what happens after the punishment is over. I just thought it might be interesting to explore. In The Forgotten Realm the faithful went to the plane of the god they worshipped. The faithless had a place they went. The false became part of a wall around the city of the dead. Am I right?
My cosmology would be more limited. Punishment/ Not punishment
Prime Material
Elemental planes

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The more I think about it the more the logic breaks down.
With the different lifespans the length of time for punishment will be different.
A man causing the death of a human would have less time than one causing the death of an elf.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think it still works with reincarnation. In RW faiths with that feature, if you do poorly, you come back as a lower life form...coincidentally, that usually corresponds to a shorter life span. Those who do not change meaningfully come back within the same kind of being. Those who improved get to return as a higher life form.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
One of my aunts had shoulder replacement surgery today. She's in recovery now. My aunts and uncles are slowly becoming cyborgs.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A lot of Netflix original movies are not very good. The Trial of The Chicago 7 looks to be really good. It's the equivalent of midnight for me. I don't know if I want to start a movie that's over 2 hours. I may have to wait until later for this one.

Tricks with gods that punish based on crime.....

Steal a silver from a common man is a week's pay. To a noble not even our penny......

Domino effect. Punch a child in a fit of rage once- no longer have confidence and fear any threat while an adult male may learn to stand up for themselves....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases